Easy crockpot bbq chicken recipe that uses just 3 ingredients. Great for a party, for soft tacos and cooks by itself all day in your slow cooker.
This is such an easy crockpot bbq chicken recipe! I make this one when I find chicken breasts on sale and know I won’t have time to cook that night. That’s pretty frequently. For this 3 ingredient crockpot BBQ chicken recipe you literally throw it in and enjoy it later! One of the best crockpot recipes for our family. (originally published 8/15)
All you need is a small can of chunk pineapple (with the juice), a jar of BBQ sauce (I buy what is on sale but sweet style is best), and boneless chicken breasts. You can use bone in but it just makes my life easier if I buy the chicken boneless.
I have stuck frozen breasts in there too in the morning if I’m cooking it all day on low and it works like a charm. Here’s a printable recipe.
What you need to make this Crockpot bbq chicken recipe
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Barbecue sauce
- Chunk pineapple
- Small tortillas
So…..either combine everything and cook thawed out breasts on low for about 4 hours (like you see here -for 2 breasts) or a bit longer for if you’re cooking a larger batch.
Before serving shred the chicken with two forks and add to tortillas with cheese and avocado for the best results.
If you want to cook this even faster use the recipe for Instant Pot shredded chicken here.
We either serve it inside a tortilla with shredded cheese and lettuce, or it’s good served over rice too. This is the easiest throw it in and go recipe ever for chicken in the crockpot. Works if you are gone all day, or if you only have a few hours.
It is great when people come over or during a party too because if you move your slow cooker setting to “keep warm” it can sit there for hours and just get better because it soaks up all the juices.
Looking for more easy crockpot chicken recipes?
Crockpot BBQ Chicken Recipe
- 1 jar barbecue sauce
- 3-4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 can chunk pineapple small, use 1/2 c. of juice in can
- 1 pkg tortillas
- 1 c spicy jack cheese
- 2 avocados
- Put 1/2 bottle of barbecue sauce on bottom of crockpot, put chicken on top of that.
- Pour remaining jar of bbq sauce on top, and pineapple chunks/tidbits (with 1/2 c. of juice) on top of that.
- Turn crockpot on low and cook for approx. 4-6 hours or until breasts are cooked and soft enough to shred easily.
- If breasts are frozen cook for 6-8 hours on low.
- Open and shred chicken 30 min. before serving, put lid back on. serve over rice or in small tortillas with spicy jack cheese, lettuce, etc.