Instant Pot vegetable ramen is a great Asian dinner that is quick to make. How to make ramen in pressure cooker to tender, then add bok choy, mushrooms, garlic and even egg inside.
If you haven’t transformed that ehhh package into an amazing bowl of Instant Pot vegetable ramen yet, you must. There is a ton of variation depending on whether you like carrots, celery, chives or broccoli florets. You can even add a soft boiled egg on top for added protein. We’ll show you how to make this easy InstaPot recipe here. (affiliate links present)
Instant Pot Ramen
I don’t know about you but I have cooked and eaten .50 Maruchan ramen packets as long as I was old enough to “cook”. Always made on the stovetop in a pot, or in the microwave, it was now time to use our pressure cooker or Ninja Foodi to boil it faster.
This is way better though. The pasta and flavor packet are just the beginning to transitioning it into a full on one pot meal. That’s right, you need to add lots of vegetables inside y’all! Not only does it add nutritional value but adds texture and lots of flavor too. And we’re not just using water to cook this time either. Let’s get started.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
Can you make ramen in Ninja Foodi?
As I have stated before, when I title something IP you can really use any brand. Our Crockpot Express and Mealthy work the same way. You’re just going to use the high pressure function and they all have that. Actually, you could just use saute too if you preferred, it would just take longer that way. We are all about fast so there’s that. 😉
Ninja Foodi Ramen
Yep, we will show you how to do just that right here. It only takes TWO minute too! Adding vegetables and ramen in Instant Pot creates a really fast and hearty meal you’ll surely love. For lunch or dinner you may never make this on the stovetop ever again.
Now why would I bother with this since it is so dang simple using a pot? Well by the time you sit around and let the water or broth boil to even get started this whole thing will be done! Like veggies tender, pasta ready to slurp, ready to serve. Need I say more??
Pressure Cooker Ramen
Ok so like I said you have a lot of leeway when it comes to what you add into this baby. We went with traditional Asian vegetables but use your imagination and you could really add a ton. As long as there is room to submerge it you can keep adding. Just note that the larger the slices, or chunks, the firmer they will remain.
At the same time a 2 minute cook time will get most things quite fork tender, even pressure cooker carrots. Things like broccoli get soft fast so if you add florets you’ll want to quick release right when it beeps and eat right away or it will start getting soggy.
Instant Pot Ramen Vegetarian
- 2 Packages of dry noodles in the package minus the flavor packets
- Broth of your choice
- sliced mushrooms
- bok choy
- thinly sliced carrots
- green onions
- Garlic and minced ginger is great
- Soy sauce brings out the Asian flavors
How long does it take to cook ramen noodles in an Instant Pot?
Ok so there are two steps, one that takes 1 minutes and the second takes 1-2. If you want to make a hard boiled egg before serving you’d add an extra 5 minutes or so. So there’s that. Let’s just say 2 minutes not counting the time to build up the pressure. That takes let’s say 6-7 minutes or so.
How to Cook Ramen Fast
The noodles go in after the veggies have a chance to get a bit tender. Using saute it will allow the liquid to boil and soften. To make that go faster, if that is really necessary, just break the squares into 2-4 smaller pieces instead of put in whole like this. I mean it’s a difference of maybe 1 minute but just a tip.
Instant Pot Ramen Noodles
- Slice all the produce you want to add and throw them in the Instant Pot. Add garlic, ginger and soy sauce. Stir in vegetable broth and water.
- Close your lid, seal the pressure release valve, and cook on high pressure for 1 minute. Once cooking time is complete, quick release the pressure.
- Add your bok choy (if you choose to add those or another type of leaves like kale, or tofu cubes) and dry ramen noodles.
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute function
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes or until noodles are as tender as you want.
- Serve with sesame seeds, additional green onions, chunks of imitation crab and/or a poached egg on top, if desired
- Making a soft boiled egg in the same pot instructions are below.
If you have never thought of using this packet beyond as is you’re in for a surprise with this ramen recipe. Let your imagination go wild in the future and add all the things you love that go with this dish.
Soft Boiled Egg Ramen
Bring a pan of water to a boil over medium-high heat. OR remove your noodles and veggies from this recipe and leave on saute function, high so broth is still boiling.
- Using a metal slotted spoon, crack one cold egg from the fridge into the spoon and submerge immediately
- hold under until it is done to your liking and then lift out and serve on top of pasta dish
- OR you can leave the shell on, put on to spoon and cook for exactly 6 minutes, adjusting the heat as necessary to maintain a gentle boil.
- Carefully remove eggs and place in an ice bath to cool
- Peel and add one or two into the bowl with your Asian noodles with a drizzle of sesame oil and enjoy together
You can certainly make this whole meal gluten free with amino acids vs. soy sauce. It’s an easy 15 minute Instant Pot recipe everyone in my house seems to love. If you have leftovers you could save them in a container in your fridge and reheat the next day. Just a note that it will continue to soften and the texture will not be as great, but good.
It is best to make fresh every single time. Since it is so quick to make there really isn’t an excuse not to. Keep add ins packaged so they don’t dry out and just make a new batch when you are ready for the ideal flavors and feel to the dish.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Instant Pot Vegetable Ramen
- Place mushrooms, carrots and green onions in the Instant Pot. Add garlic, ginger and soy sauce. Stir in vegetable broth and water.
- Close lid, seal pressure release valve, cook on High Pressure for 1 minute. Once cooking time is complete, quick release the pressure.
- Add bok choy and dry ramen noodles. Turn the Instant Pot to saute function, cook for another 1-2 minutes or until noodles are as tender as you want. Serve with sesame seeds, additional green onions and a soft boiled egg on top, if desired
- * Making a soft boiled egg in the same pot * – Remove your noodles and veggies from the pot, set aside, and then continue to leave your pot on the saute high function with your hot boiling broth. Crack 1 cold egg from fridge on to your slotted spoon, immediately submerge into boiling broth and allow to cook until it is done to your liking. Serve on top of noodle dish.