This easy crockpot corn casserole recipe is cheesy and a perfect vegetarian side dish at Thanksgiving or Christmas! Moist sweet creamed corn you’ll love.
Each holiday I make this cream corn casserole recipe but this year I wanted to figure out how much time it would take in my slow cooker and Instant Pot as well. I also wanted to make a smaller batch because we don’t always need a side dish that feeds 10, and this easy crockpot corn casserole recipe works great for about 5 or 6 people. That means I can make it throughout the year and not have to wait until Thanksgiving! 😉 It’s one of our favorite side dish crockpot recipes.
If you’ve never tried this tasty cheesy corn side dish it is one of my favorites. Made with Jiffy cornbread mix it is inexpensive, quick to throw together and has a bit of sweetness that everyone loves. I use my casserole crockpot for this and other smaller dishes and sweet breads because it’s shallower than my other slow cookers and the perfect size! (affiliate links present)
Here are a few things you’ll need to make this easy crockpot corn casserole recipe that you might not already have:
There are several variations of this dish but I love this one I’ve made for years and the only thing I’ve added are some chiles which added more flavor, not spice. I use a can of mild diced chiles but you can choose the amount of heat, medium would be great too.
We’re not vegetarians but if you are, or are looking for a meatless option for the holidays, this is a great side dish option too. If you’re looking to make this quickly try our Instant Pot corn casserole recipe too!
Easy Crockpot Corn Casserole Recipe
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 3/4 c cheddar cheese sharp is great
- 1/2 can diced chiles any heat level you like
- 1 1/2 cans corn drained
- 1/2 can cream corn
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1/4 c milk
- 1/2 roll Ritz crackers 10-12 crackers, smashed
- 1/4 tsp salt optional
- Mix all ingredients, minus the butter, in a bowl.
- Spray the inside of your crockpot with non stick spray.
- Pour your corn casserole in your casserole size slow cooker.
- Pour your melted butter on top.
- Set crockpot to high for 2 1/2 hours.
- Uncover, stir, and serve. Leave in crockpot to stay warm but turn off so it doesn't continue to cook.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉