Instant Pot feel better soup uses fresh or rotisserie meat with vegetables and cilantro! If you’re looking for comfort food when you need it most this is it.
What exactly is Instant Pot feel better soup you might ask? Well if you’re sick you might be looking for all the help you can get! Find this and more on our list of 101+ other Instant Pot recipes. (affiliate links present)
This bowl of warmth is always a winner when someone in our house is not feeling great so we thought we’d share it with all of you too.
Packed with meat, veggies and cilantro you can call it chicken and potato soup but our name is a bit more fun. 😉 You can make it as an easy Ninja Foodi recipe too.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
- For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
- It’s about that time of year right??!! Someone in your house has the sniffles, and somebody else is saying their tummy just doesn’t feel right. Well, it’s time for some soups for the cold and flu season!
Does soup help with colds?
- The hot liquid helps break up the congestion you might have.
- Salt in the soup helps soothe sore throats too.
Really it is quite versatile with the meat you use. It is a fabulous leftover chicken recipe you can throw together in under 20 minutes. Or use fresh chicken and saute to begin with right in one pot.
- Just try it!!
Instant Pot feel better soup
- Separate all the meat off the bones, and discard the skin too. Done!
Then you’ll want to blend a few of your ingredients together so it’s smooth, well mostly.
Here’s what you need to make this chicken and potato soup recipe
- Rotisserie chicken – or 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Fresh cilantro
- Chicken broth
- or chicken stock
- Frozen peas and carrots – or mixed vegetables if you want
- Poblano pepper and serrano – this is going to taste wonderful and clear you up a bit
- Mini potatoes
- Salt and pepper
Does soup actually help when you’re sick?
- Studies have actually shown that a bowl of chicken soup may help you to clear your nasal congestion.
- It also has an anti inflammatory factor that can ease your cold symptoms
- Adding a bit of peppers into our mix seems to amplify the nasal clearing property of the soup without it being overwhelmingly spicy.
What soup is best for an upset stomach?
- If you’re feeling these symptoms you might consider adding a bit of ginger to the mix and skip the peppers.
- Turmeric has also been shown to help with tummy aches.
Other things that help with tummy issues are:
- Drinking water – dehydration makes the pain worse
- Avoid lying down
- Try a bit of mint
- Take a warm bath or use a heating pad
This soup is super versatile. You can leave out this and substitute that. Just keep the base the same and tweak little bits here and there.
Looking for another homemade soup because you’re feeling under the weather?
- Egg drop soup is always a good choice.
- Our minestrone soup is a healthy choice and cheap to make too.
- Then when you’re feeling a little better throw some Italian wedding soup together, you’ll love that.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, Crockpot Express, Meathy or Ninja Foodi you can make feel good soup on the stovetop and we have slow cooker soups too.
- Just add everything into a pot.
- Turn to medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Stir until vegetables are tender.
And of course, try our Instant Pot chicken noodle soup!
Here’s a quick rundown but there’s a printable recipe card at the bottom of this post too:
Time needed: 15 minutes.
Instant Pot Feel Better Soup
Put diced onion, poblano, serrano and garlic into blender. Add 2 cups of chicken broth and puree.
Pour mixture into pressure cooker. Add shredded chicken without skin into pot as well, then add remaining chicken broth.
** If using fresh chicken breasts cut them into bite size pieces, then add those in.
Add washed and quartered small yellow potatoes, mix all contents.
Close lid and steam valve. Set to pressure, high for 8 minutes. Then do a quick release of the steam.
Stir ingredients, then set to saute mode. Add frozen peas and carrots. Allow to bubble and cook for about 3 minutes or until veggies are as tender as you’d like them.
Add 1/3 c water, lime juice from lime, and cilantro leaves from 1 fresh bundle into your blender. Pulse until well blended together.
Pour this mixture into your pot, then turn pot off so it doesn’t overcook but still hot so it heats up this added mixture.
Stir until combined and serve.
We hope this makes you feel good soon and you enjoy this bowl of comfort food too.
Instant Pot Feel Good Soup
- 1 rotisserie chicken remove chicken, discard skin and bones – or 2 large fresh chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 1 poblano pepper remove seeds and dice, optional
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 serrano diced, optional
- 4 c chicken stock
- 10 mini potatoes yellow are best, quartered
- 2 c peas and carrots frozen, or use frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- Put diced onion, poblano, serrano and garlic into blender. Add 2 cups of chicken broth and puree.
- Pour mixture into pressure cooker. Add shredded chicken without skin into pot as well, then add remaining chicken broth. ** If using fresh chicken breasts cut them into bite size pieces, then add those in.
- Add washed and quartered small yellow potatoes, mix all contents.
- Close lid and steam valve.
- Set to pressure, high for 8 minutes. Then do a quick release of the steam.
- Stir ingredients, then set to saute mode. Add frozen peas and carrots. Allow to bubble and cook for about 3 minutes or until veggies are as tender as you’d like them.
- Add 1/3 c water, lime juice from lime, and cilantro leaves from 1 fresh bundle into your blender. Pulse until well blended together.
- Pour this mixture into your pot, then turn pot off so it doesn’t overcook but still hot so it heats up this added mixture.
- Stir until combined and serve.