This lemon blueberry loaf is the perfect sweet bread for breakfast or dessert. Packed with plump fresh blueberries & a hint of lemon it’s refreshing and fluffy. If you’re having a brunch you need to include this.
If you love anything lemon blueberry flavored you will love this homemade lemon blueberry loaf that is great for breakfast, brunch or dessert. (affiliate links present)
Fresh blueberries are key to this fluffy sweet bread and the perfect summertime recipe when they’re plump and ready to be picked. It’s a little bit addicting if you ask me.
Blueberry Lemon bread
- Fresh blueberries – we picked our own
- Baking powder
- Buttermilk – great for making it really moist
Ever since I was little I loved anything blueberry flavored. Fresh fruit was even better but during the winter frozen are second best. I recently made these easy bite sized blueberry pie filling dump cake cupcakes that were incredible and incorporated blueberries with cake mix.
Of course you can skip the lemon juice and lemon zest if you choose but a little is tasty.
Lemon Blueberry Loaf Recipe
Bake and serve it in an adorable loaf pan and put it right out to eat!
Looking for other great brunch menu ideas?
- Coconut banana bread is amazing, but with any extra fruit you could make copycat Starbucks lemon loaf
- Then try our Instant Pot blueberry muffins
- Fruit strudel pastry
- Blueberry muffins
- Have you heard of this 4 ingredient banana bread made with cake mix?
But along the lemon route, these lemon crinkle cookies are the bomb.
If you want to know how to half a recipe to make less, read this post. Tip: Spray your pan with non stick spray to clean a pot.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Lemon Blueberry Loaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and set aside.
- Blend together melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and zest. Mix until well combined.
- Slowly add some of the flour mixture and a little buttermilk and gently stir. continue doing this until everything other than blueberries are combined.
- Rinse blueberries. Add 1 tbsp of flour to the berries in a bowl and use hands to mix until they are coated (will help so they don’t sink to the bottom).
- Gently fold berries into batter.
- Spray non stick spray into a loaf pan and put batter in. Put into oven for about 50 minutes or until toothpick in the middle comes out clean.