This lemon blueberry loaf is the perfect sweet bread for breakfast or dessert. Packed with plump fresh blueberries & a hint of lemon it’s refreshing and fluffy. If you’re having a brunch you need to include this.
If you love anything lemon blueberry flavored you will love this homemade lemon blueberry loaf that is great for breakfast, brunch or dessert. Fresh blueberries are key to this fluffy sweet bread and the perfect summertime recipe when they’re plump and ready to be picked. It’s a little bit addicting if you ask me.
This is what you will need to make this easy lemon blueberry loaf at home
- Fresh blueberries – we picked our own
- Baking powder
- Buttermilk – great for making it really moist
Ever since I was little I loved anything blueberry flavored. Fresh fruit was even better but during the winter frozen are second best. I recently made these easy bite sized blueberry pie filling dump cake cupcakes that were incredible and incorporated blueberries with cake mix.
Of course you can skip the lemon juice and lemon zest if you choose but a little is tasty.
You could substitute orange instead for another twist on this lemon blueberry loaf recipe.
Bake and serve it in an adorable loaf pan and put it right out to eat!
Looking for other great brunch menu ideas?
- Coconut banana bread is amazing
- Then try our Instant Pot blueberry muffins
- Fruit strudel pastry
- Blueberry muffins
- Have you heard of this 4 ingredient banana bread made with cake mix?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and set aside.
- Blend together melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and zest. Mix until well combined.
- Slowly add some of the flour mixture and a little buttermilk and gently stir. continue doing this until everything other than blueberries are combined.
- Rinse blueberries. Add 1 tbsp of flour to the berries in a bowl and use hands to mix until they are coated (will help so they don't sink to the bottom).
- Gently fold berries into batter.
- Spray non stick spray into a loaf pan and put batter in. Put into oven for about 50 minutes or until toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉