Easy chicken pot pie muffins are so fun!! Great muffin tin dinner using leftover chicken and they’re quick to make. Your kids are going to love these!
Ok so I am a little obsessed with my muffin pan. By that I mean if I can cook dinner using it I’m down! Making food in “small packages” is always fun for kids and I like it because everything it already portioned out and there is less clean up in the end. This one is easy and can be thrown together. Serve it with a salad and you have a fun meal. Here’s the muffin tin meal for chicken pot pie muffins that the kids just love (us too)! (originally published 6/16)
Aren’t these just so cute?!! One more reason we love cooking dinner in muffin tins, it just looks cute which entices kids to try something new! 😉 We started with muffin tin pizzas and they were such a hit we just went on and on with new ideas. These chicken pot pie muffins as we call them are SUPER simple to make.
You just need 4 things at the grocery store and literally throw them together to make these. The only thing you need to precook is the chicken and you don’t even have to do that if you grab a rotisserie chicken or it is a perfect recipe using leftover chicken! You will need a muffin pan too of course, this one is my favorite. (affiliate link)
Chicken pot pie muffins
Chicken pot pie muffins
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables 12-16 oz
- 1 chicken breast precooked
- 2 can refrigerated jumbo biscuits
- Cook chicken and dice.
- Add to bowl along with the can of cream of chicken soup and bag of vegetables (leave frozen veggies on counter before adding to defrost to more of room temp.).
- Mix ingredients, add salt if desired.
- Flatten biscuit and push into muffin pan holes.
- Fill inside of biscuit with mix.
- Slice remaining 2 biscuits (makes 12, 2 should be left over) into strips and make lattice for top if desired. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 min or until biscuits are browned and insides are warm.
You see how simple this recipe is, and a great way to incorporate veggies in a fun way for kids. You could use canned mixed veggies as well, 12 oz. is sufficient and this recipe should make about 12 total chicken pot pie muffins.
Here’s a quick rundown.
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉