Looking for an amazing Instant Pot dessert to make, well this pressure cooker chocolate lava cake is a pretty incredible dump cake with just 3 ingredients!
Ever since we got our fancy multi cooker we’ve been creating lots of heavenly Instant Pot recipes but this goes down as one fabulously rich chocolatey dessert! Think of all your favorite flavors in one bite and done in about 30 minutes without ever having to turn on your oven. Well this pressure cooker chocolate lava cake might be just what you’re looking for. 😉
Now on the list as one of our favorite easy dump cake recipes!
With just 3 main ingredients you can make pressure cooker chocolate lava cake any flavor you want. However, cherry is pretty amazing.
Amp it up with a 4th by topping it with a handful of extra chocolate chips if you’re ready to take it to the next level……
Pretty cheap to make and honestly you can find almost everything you need at the local Dollar Store which is kinda’ fun.
You can make this in any size Instant Pot but I have the 6 qt. just for reference.
We started this whole Instant Pot desserts journey when we made this 3 ingredient Instant Pot dump cake using a spice cake mix and apple pie filling, it is delicious but with a lighter flavor since it doesn’t incorporate chocolate.
You should try them both and see which you prefer but both are pretty amazing……
This is what you’ll need to make this easy pressure cooker chocolate lava cake
- Oven safe bowl – this one will fit into a 6 qt or larger Instant Pot
- Chocolate cake mix – we’ve used this one
- Can of pie filling – we used this one
- Chocolate chips
Looking for more chocolate desserts
Here’s the printable recipe.
Pressure Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake
- 1 can pie filling 21 oz., we used cherry
- 1/2 box cake mix usually 2 c or so, we used chocolate
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 c chocolate chips semi sweet
- 1.5 c water
- Pour 1.5 c. water into your pressure cooker and put a trivet inside.
- Pour your pie filling into your oven safe bowl, the sprinkle your cake mix on top, then pour your melted butter on top of that.
- If you are adding chocolate chips sprinkle those on the very top.
- Cover the bowl with foil and lower on to the trivet (best to make a sling so you can get it back out).
- Set to high pressure for 25 minutes.
- Allow to sit and release pressure naturally for at least 5 minutes, then release remaining pressure.
- Lift out, allow to cool slightly to firm up a bit and then enjoy!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉