The best easy potato recipe ideas for breakfast, dinner and side dishes! From the best way to cook potatoes to totally loaded soups and meals you’ll be set.
If you are looking for a few potato recipe ideas for breakfast dinner or as a side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas we have a long list of possibilities! Whether you want to know the best way to make baked potatoes so you can load them with chili for a main dish or want a warm cheesy potato soup for dinner or the best mashed potatoes around we have several options depending on your tastes.
Potatoes are SO versatile and such an inexpensive food to work with too, great combo if you ask me!
We eat baked potatoes stuffed with our 5 ingredient crockpot chili at least once a week which costs less than $10 to feed all of us!
Here are a bunch of potato recipe ideas and I will break them down according to types:
- Our Crockpot breakfast casserole recipe is super popular especially during the holidays
- Instant Pot breakfast casserole has 4 different options
- Instant Pot cheesy bacon ranch potatoes are just heavenly
- Try a batch of slow cooker mashed potatoes
- Sausage and cheddar potatoes for a brunch idea
- Easy breakfast potatoes
Now I only list the best way to make baked potatoes here below as a side dish but of course they can be used for dinner as well and filled with hundreds of different things.
We like adding chili and some cheese on top but if you are looking for healthier ideas you could stuff potatoes with:
- Fat free sour cream and chives
- Healthy Instant Pot chili – make without beans if preferred
Potato Side Dishes
- Instant Pot potato salad packed with hard boiled eggs are great
- Best way to make baked potatoes is here
- Try Instant Pot scalloped potatoes
- Pressure cooker mashed potatoes get this side dish done fast!
- Instant Pot sweet potato casserole gets thumbs up
Air fryer mashed potatoes or sweet potato mash are great.
- Simple potato salad is perfect for a potluck dish
- Try loaded potato salad
- Easy potatoes au gratin are cheesy and wowy
- Mashed potato casserole
- Salt and vinegar roasted potatoes
- Tater tot skewers are really popular during Super Bowl
- Garlic potato foil packets
- Peruvian spicy mashed potatoes
- Crispy smashed potatoes
- Twice baked potatoes
- Loaded ranch potato salad – gluten free
- Baked truffle fries
- Greek potatoes
- Grilled Moroccan potato salad
- Avocado potato salad
- Spicy Indian potatoes
- Parmesan roasted potatoes
- Potato cake recipe
- Crispy salt and vinegar potatoes
Potato Recipe Ideas for Dinner
- Try Instant Pot potato cheese soup
- Instant Pot potato corn chowder
- Crockpot loaded baked potato soup
- Taco stuffed sweet potatoes
- Chicken fajita sweet potatoes
- Pulled pork sweet potatoes
- Mexican stuffed sweet potatoes
- Slow cooker potato leek soup
- Shepherds Pie – Vegan
- Thai red curry baked potato
- Portuguese potato soup
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉