Easy potato medley recipe that’s a perfect healthy side dish to go with just about anything. It’s so pretty too! Great with chicken and fish.
Most of the time my goal isn’t to make a meal or side dish that looks “fancy”, that just isn’t my style. But….I will say that as easy as this potato medley recipe is it really does turn out kinda’ pretty! Either way all 5 of us like it as a side dish, or even as a warm snack at times. With a combination of different, pretty, small potatoes and mushrooms it tastes amazing! It’s a healthy side dish as well which is fabulous if you’re watching your waistline. Here’s how you make this really easy small potatoes recipe….filled with yum!
Pretty right?? My kids love how the potatoes are different colors, but taste the same really.
Mixed with a bit of salt and a few herbs and olive oil it’s perfect along side some baked chicken thighs or smoked salmon! If your kids aren’t big veggie lovers they are bound to like potatoes so you should give this one a whirl.
Even if they dunk them in ketchup it’s a good start to loving vegetables. It took a while but my 3 girls really love them now and would almost prefer a full plate of something like this over a steak.
Just grab a bag of small potatoes at the store that come mixed with a variety of colors, or you could just use red potatoes too. I find them in the produce section next to the really large bags of potatoes and 1 is the perfect size for a side dish that feeds all 5 of us. I cut each potato into 6 pcs., throw them in a bowl with about 1/4 c. olive oil, herbs and salt and toss them. I use parchment paper or a (affiliate) silicone baking mat on a cookie sheet to avoid sticking, and just pour it on there. I add the mushrooms a bit later after these potatoes have baked about 10 minutes.
Potato medley recipe
Potato medley recipe
- 1 bag mixed small potatoes 1.5 lbs., or same amt of red potatoes
- 5 baby onions or about 1/2 small onion diced
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dill
- 1 c mushrooms quartered
- optional - 1 c. sliced zucchini
- Dice onion or leave in larger chunks, your choice. Cut potatoes into equally sized pieces, about 6 per small potato. Put potatoes, oil, herbs, and salt in bowl and mix.
- Pour on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Put a few fresh sprigs of thyme on top if desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Add quartered mushrooms in, stir slightly.
- Bake another 20 minutes, stirring around after 10 and checking potatoes to see if they are soft and done. If not, bake another few minutes until all are soft and ready to eat. Taste, add salt if desired.
Ready to give this easy potato medley a try?? Believe me, nothing I make is complicated or difficult! Easy recipes, but when they look pretty that’s a bonus! If you love this you’ll love our easy spinach quiche recipe too!