Baked bone in chicken thighs recipe that is made in one pot! So easy and done from start to finish in just 30 minutes with only 5 ingredients. Delicious.
I always see great deals on chicken thighs at the store, but never quite know what to do with them. The other day I decided I was just going to figure out an easy way to make baked bone in chicken thighs that we all would like, and I definitely should’ve done it much sooner! They were delicious. (originally published 12/16)
I’m all about a one pot meal. We are a busy family and love one pot meals!
- Don’t know why I veered away from chicken thighs. Maybe it is because my mom never really cooked them when I was a kid. I was just so unfamiliar with them for that reason.
Cast iron skillets are great for recipes like this one. If you don’t have one or have never used one they are fabulous (and not just for Grandmas anymore).
- You can find a cast iron skillet similar to mine. Throw it on the stove, then transfer it to the oven. You can cook it all in just one pan. My kinda’ cooking!
First you want to add some olive oil to your pan.
This is your friend for this easy chicken thigh recipe.
Then put your thighs (by themselves) in the pan and cook on low.
This will allow them to brown just a bit on the bottom. Add your veggies, throw it in the oven, and the whole thing is done in about 30 minutes.
Seriously, you can just transfer the whole skillet full of food right into the preheated oven. Then when done just put a trivet on the table and serve right in the pan.
It looks pretty that way anyway. Quite frankly it makes it so much easier, so it’s a win win in my book. Super easy chicken thigh recipe to make and very few ingredients.
Baked bone in chicken thighs
And other similar recipes you would enjoy:
- Easy pineapple chicken
- Spicy honey Instant Pot chicken
- Use them in this slow cooker chicken and rice dish
And our air fryer chicken thighs are quite amazing as well.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
If you love our easy baked bone in chicken thighs, try our easy chicken soup in the crockpot too.
Take a peek at our cast iron skillet care post to keep your pan lasting a long long time.
Baked bone in chicken thighs
- Put about 3-4 tbsp. of olive oil in your cast iron skillet with the mined garlic on low. Place chicken thighs in the pan and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Quarter your mushrooms and put in a bowl with about 3-4 tbsp. of olive oil, pinch of salt, and oregano and toss until lightly coated.
- After 10 minutes in skillet add mushrooms and cherry tomatoes around chicken and place in oven at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until top of chicken skin is lightly browned and chicken thighs are cooked thru. Serve!!