Baked bone in chicken thighs recipe that is made in one pot! So easy and done from start to finish in just 30 minutes with only 5 ingredients. Delicious.
I always see great deals on chicken thighs at the store, but never quite know what to do with them. The other day I decided I was just going to figure out an easy way to make baked bone in chicken thighs that we all would like, and I definitely should’ve done it much sooner! They were delicious. (originally published 12/16)
I’m all about a one pot meal. We are a busy family and anything I can throw together and only clean one pot or pan at the end of the day….I’m all about!
- I don’t know why I veered away from chicken thighs, maybe it is because my mom never really cooked them when I was a kid and I was unfamiliar with them for that reason.
I frequently cook whole chickens in the oven and eat the thighs then, but never picked up a package at the store until today.
I use a cast iron skillet. If you don’t have one or have never used one they are fabulous (and not just for Grandmas anymore).
- You can find a cast iron skillet similar to mine here (affiliate link). Throw it on the stove, then transfer it to the oven, and you can cook it all in just one pan….my kinda’ cooking! First you want to add some olive oil to your pan (olive oil is your friend for this easy chicken thigh recipe).
Then put your thighs (by themselves) in the pan and cook on low so they brown just a bit on the bottom. Then add your veggies, throw it in the oven and the whole thing is done in about 30 minutes start to finish!
Seriously, you can just transfer the whole skillet full of food right into the preheated oven, then when done just put a trivet on the table and serve right in the pan.
It looks pretty that way anyway quite frankly AND it makes it so much easier, so it’s a win win in my book. Super easy chicken thigh recipe to make and very few ingredients.
If you love our easy baked bone in chicken thighs you should try our easy chicken soup in the crockpot too.
Baked bone in chicken thighs
And other similar recipes you would enjoy:
Take a peek at our cast iron skillet care post to keep your pan lasting a long long time.
Baked bone in chicken thighs
- Put about 3-4 tbsp. of olive oil in your cast iron skillet with the mined garlic on low. Place chicken thighs in the pan and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Quarter your mushrooms and put in a bowl with about 3-4 tbsp. of olive oil, pinch of salt, and oregano and toss until lightly coated.
- After 10 minutes in skillet add mushrooms and cherry tomatoes around chicken and place in oven at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until top of chicken skin is lightly browned and chicken thighs are cooked thru. Serve!!
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉