Here is an easy pineapple chicken recipe using chicken thighs that comes out sweet and really tender. Served over rice it’s one of our favorite easy chicken recipes with a pineapple flavor and chunks that bring a subtle tropical flavor to your dinner. If you’re looking for something different to serve, give this a try.
Coming up with new dinner ideas can get tricky. That’s when I came up with this easy pineapple chicken when I bought a package of chicken thighs at the store. I’ve made lots of teriyaki dishes so I thought of using the can of pineapple and went from there, it came out great! Sponsored by Mirum.
Doesn’t this just look amazing??
I will say it was probably the most tender chicken I’ve ever cooked and it was so easy to throw together (my style of cooking).
You could use chicken breasts but thighs are totally overlooked, inexpensive to buy, and probably have the most flavor on the whole bird if you ask me.
So let’s go with chicken thighs shall we…… I think the reason this easy pineapple chicken comes out so tender is not only is the meat itself tender, but it cooks/boils in pineapple juice which breaks down the tissue a bit and creates a melt in your mouth piece of meat.
If you’ve never tried it this is a great one to start with.
So let’s talk about dinnertime and eating together as a family. A few years ago we vowed to make this a priority and it has been such a great thing for us! Part of it is we all put aside the electronics, ask how our days have been, and really connect. If you haven’t made it a point to have family dinner time just start with once a week and go from there…I promise you, you won’t regret it.
When we focused on eating together more often I wanted to create more unique dishes because it would give us something to talk about, have my kids try new flavors, and well…I like to cook so it gave me a great excuse to cook something new more often. 😉
With new foods sometimes comes heartburn, NO fun I tell you. Ok so when you get older it kinda comes with the territory for some people too but there is help!!
- If you’re all about affordable solutions and keeping things convenient take a peek at these new Equate Omeprazole Orally Disintegrating Tablets.
- It disintegrates in your mouth which means you don’t need water, it goes down easy, and is strawberry-flavored so it tastes pleasant.
You can find Omeprazole ODT at Walmart in stores and online.
This is what you’ll need to make this easy pineapple chicken dinner made with chicken thighs
- Chicken thighs
- Pineapple juice
- Pineapple chunks – or tidbits would work
- Brown sugar
- Soy sauce
- Cornstarch – to thicken the sauce a bit
If you have kids this definitely intrigues them, as mine love anything with fruit! You can thicken the sauce more after you take it out of the oven with a bit more cornstarch.
The amount I added at the beginning was enough for us and it did thicken a bit the longer it sat.
If you’re looking for a great chicken thigh recipe this is it…let us know what you think when you try it!!
Easy Pineapple Chicken
- Lay chicken thighs in an 8x8 pan, pour chunk pineapple on top. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, then whisk cornstarch into your sauce mixture until smooth.
- Pour pineapple liquid sauce over chicken and cover pan with foil.
- Put into oven and bake for approx 75 minutes (I'm a bit at altitude and my thighs were med. size so it took 1 hr and 30 min but checked after an hour and added 15 minutes until thighs looked cooked through).
- Remove foil, baste with liquid, and bake for additional 15 minutes or until thighs are just lightly browned on the top.
- Cook rice separately and serve over rice, or with butter noodles.