This easy Instant Pot green bean casserole with bacon recipe tastes amazing! Loaded with bacon and crispy fried onions you’ll want to make a double batch!
This dish is a must during Thanksgiving and Christmas time. I have always made it in the oven but last year I didn’t have a lot of room in there because of all the other dishes so I thought I’d try it in my pressure cooker! If you’re like me and love this nifty device too you should try this bacon filled Instant Pot green bean casserole recipe! A great one of our side dish Instant Pot recipes. (originally published 9/17)
I think there are two tricks to why this tastes so good, the bacon, and using frozen green beans instead of canned. I just used my easy green bean casserole recipe and adapted it for my Instant Pot, you could use a pressure cooker too.
Of course since this isn’t put into the oven it will not get that crispy fried green bean taste on the top so if this is a must I would opt for the link above that is cooked in the oven.
I topped this here with fried onions right out of the can to give it some crunch but it is different of course..up to you.
If you aren’t a big bacon fan…I don’t think we can be friends. LOL. No, you can just omit that if you choose (why, I don’t know). Like I said, I used to use canned green beans because I just didn’t think about it, but after using frozen green beans instead I was convinced that it makes a huge difference.
It looks prettier, and tastes fresher with beans that are a bit more turgid and a lot more flavor. Choose either way but if you haven’t tested it I suggest you at least try it once.
You can make this on the slow cooker function for 2 hours, the same as most other crockpot green bean casserole recipes suggest but the beauty of the Instant Pot is that it gets done faster so I like the pressure cooker function on low.
I will say the bottom gets a bit brown but isn’t too hard to clean (just soak it right away).
You can check out my post on how to clean your Instant Pot if you’re new to it and have any issues.
Looking for more Instant Pot side dishes?
Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- 8 pcs bacon
- 34 oz frozen green beans
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1.5 c French's fried onions
- 1/3 c milk
- 1/2 onion diced
- Spray the inside of your Instant Pot with non stick spray. Dice bacon and onions, set to saute, and cook until bacon is lightly browned. Drain grease (can leave in for flavor but it will be greasier at the end when done). Or just use 1/2 c. bacon bits and skip this step. Deglaze pot and turn pot off.
- Whisk together milk and soup. Add green beans to pot and pour mixture on top, gently stir together until beans are coated.
- Set Instant Pot or pressure cooker to manual, pressure, high, for 15 minutes.
- Quick release, sprinkle half fried onions and stir so it is inside mixture. Then sprinkle remaining on top and enjoy.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉