Ninja Foodi pineapple chicken is great served on top of rice. Cooked in no time with peppers and sweet fruit your family will love this pressure cooker meal.
If you’re looking for something new to try, give our Ninja Foodi pineapple chicken a whirl! A sweet and savory chicken recipe served on top of a bed of rice or alone, even your kids are sure to love this. If you’re obsessed with your new pressure cooker too, I have an easy step by step Ninja Foodi recipe for you to try tonight.
- Ready for a little Hawaiian inspiration in a bowl?
You may not be able to make it to the big island this year, but you can bring some of those flavors to your table!
If you too are obsessed with your Ninja Foodi pressure cooker air fryer machine, here are a few resource to start with:
- First LIKE my Facebook Page because I share new ideas there a lot!
- You can bookmark our Ninja air fryer recipes page, we add to that weekly.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cooking times chart here for your fridge.
- Be sure to save this link to Instant Pot recipes for beginners too. You can use any of those in your pot too.
- Grab this set of wooden utensils to work with. They are great so your pot doesn’t get scratched!
- Then join our Ninja Facebook group where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. Thousands of others share both pressure cooker and air fryer recipe ideas there daily and you can too!
If you need to know how to cook frozen meat in a pressure cooker, we have information on that. NO, you aren’t the only forgetful one. 😉
Pineapple is great to cook with chicken because not only does it make it sweet, but it creates the tenderest meat ever.
Throw in some bell peppers for texture and flavor and your meal is almost complete.
Ninja Foodi pineapple chicken
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- Pineapple + some of the juice
- Bell peppers
- Olive oil
- Garlic and ginger
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Chicken broth
- Cornstarch to thicken at the end
We serve this over Ninja Foodi rice but the side dish is up to you.
If you’re new to pressure cooking, welcome! It is easier than you think. Once you make a few recipes you will understand how it works and feel like a pro.
Ninja Foodi Chicken
- Set your pot to the saute function and add your olive oil.
- Add your diced onions and bite size chicken. Cook until outside of chicken pieces are no longer pink.
- Sprinkle in garlic and seasonings, stir.
- Pour in soy sauce, brown sugar, broth and stir together.
- Pineapple and bell peppers are added last.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 6 minutes, followed by a quick release.
- Turn pot to saute again. In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and water until smooth, add this in.
- Allow contents in bowl to bubble and sauce will thicken. Serve.
This whole process should take about 15 minutes to cook with time to pressurize.
Looking for other Instant Pot chicken or Ninja Foodi chicken recipes to make in under 30 minutes?
- Pressure cooker cheesy chicken spaghetti is always a hit.
- These air fryer frozen chicken nuggets is a quick meal
- Air fryer wings with a dry rub are the best with 1/2 cup ranch or fry sauce
- For something simple try our Ninja Foodi chicken breast recipe too
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Ninja Foodi Pineapple Chicken
- 1.5 lbs chicken bite size pieces, boneless skinless breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1/2 c onion diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp ginger powdered
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 c pineapple tidbits or chunks, measured without juice
- 2/3 c pineapple juice
- 1 1/4 c chicken broth
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Select saute function and then add the oil wait a minute to heat up. Next add the onion
and saute until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken and saute until outsides are no longer pink.
- Next add the garlic and cook 1 minute then add ginger powder, red pepper
flakes, salt, black pepper and give the ingredients a good stir.
- Pour in the soy sauce, brown sugar, pineapple juice, broth.
- Lastly gently mix in the pineapple pieces and bell pepper, stir until well combined. Turn the pot off now.
- Put pressure cooker lid on, close steam valve and set to pressure cook high for 6 minutes. Do a quick release of steam and lift lid.
- Set pot to saute again. In a small container combine the 2 tbsp. of cornstarch with 3 tbsp. of water, whisk until there are not lumps. Add this into your pot and stir.
- Allow to bubble and thicken. Serve over rice with sauce drizzled on top.
Saturday 15th of August 2020
Just made this and it is amazing better than any sauce you can buy. My family loved it and want it again. Once again a super recipe from you.😊
The Typical Mom
Saturday 15th of August 2020
Glad it was a hit
Monday 20th of April 2020
Delicious! It took more like an hour though (the cooking only takes 15 but the prep and mixing and stirring and combining and simmering and cooling isn’t factored in)
Monday 6th of January 2020
This sounds so good! Thanks!
Monday 23rd of December 2019
This is so similar to an earlier recipe that was done in the oven. Would the time have to be adjusted if using thighs instead of breasts?