This cheesy Instant Pot Mexican pizza is amazing!! With layers and layers of cheese, sauce and ground turkey it’s like a wonderful enchilada lasagna!
I think we all love layers of meat and cheesy goodness for dinner…and this is the ultimate in comfort food cooked in just 4 minutes! That is right…if you don’t have an Instant Pot or pressure cooker and you’re a busy mom like me I’d highly recommend one. You can cook a traditional meal that normally takes several hours in your crockpot in just 15 minutes flat most times. Let me tell you I’ve created a lot of recipes in my new fancy pressure cooker but this Instant Pot Mexican pizza is seriously the best one yet! By far our top favorite in ourlist of easy Instant Pot recipes. Special thanks goes out to Foster Farms for sponsoring this post so we could share this quick meal idea with you. 😉 (originally published 8/17)
Here’s how easy this cheesy layered casserole style dish with you…..
First you will need a pressure cooker, we have a 6 qt. Instant Pot.
And a 6″ or 7″ springform pan, that worked great for this…..6″ is the perfect size for small corn tortillas.
If your days are non stop dropping off kids, grocery shopping, cleaning, working, and picking up kids again only to head to soccer practice and oh yeah….fit in dinner between all of that I have you covered!
My days sound something like this and I only have under an hour to prep, cook, and serve dinner for five of us.
I’m all about a nutritious meal packed with protein and flavor that everyone will love, this one tops the list at our house!
This is what you will need to make our easy Instant Pot Mexican Pizza:
- Foster Farms® Organic Ground Turkey – coupon here
- Cheese – we used cheddar and pepper jack
- King Size corn tortillas – about 7″ size
- Enchilada Sauce – we used medium
- Green Onions
- 6″ Springform pan
- Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
I am telling you this is so good and perfect for two people to split!
It’s all about layering when it comes to a great Mexican pizza, and this one is no different. The two different cheeses give it great flavor, the green onions a bit of texture, olives are great on everything, the moist Foster Farms® Organic Ground Turkey adds to the wonderful flavor (and packs it with protein), and no matter what heat level you choose for your enchilada sauce it is just an amazing dish!
This recipe below is enough to make two Instant Pot Mexican pizzas, so if you only want 1 just cut it in half.
Of course how much cheese, meat, and sauce you want to layer on is totally up to you so my measurements are estimates (and the more the better really).
One of these serves three of us and I serve it with a salad…makes a great meal any time of year!
If you don’t have an Instant Pot or pressure cooker you can still make this!
Just layer like instructions state below, cover springform pan with tinfoil, and put in your oven or toaster oven for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees or until cheese is melted.
Here’s the printable recipe for you to follow and a video showing you how to make it too:
Instant Pot Mexican Pizza
- 1 lb Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey
- 10 oz. can Enchilada sauce
- 1 c Pepper Jack cheese or more
- 1 c Sharp Cheddar cheese or more if desired
- 1/3 c Green Onions
- 8 King Size corn tortillas 7" size
- 1/2 c Olives sliced
- 2 tbsp minced onion or fresh
- seasoned salt
- Brown your ground turkey on the stove or inside your Instant Pot on saute setting, add minced or fresh onion and seasoning salt to taste. Remove from pot and rinse inside.
- Shred your cheeses and dice green onion.
- Pour 1 1/2 c. water into your Instant Pot with a small trivet inside (I use a small pyrex bowl).
- Place your 6"springform pan on trivet and start layering your Mexican pizza (or do this on a countertop and place on trivet when done).
- Spray the inside of your springform pan with non stick spray.
- Layer tortilla, cheeses, cooked ground turkey, olives, green onions, enchilada sauce - and then the same layering continues until you've used 4 tortillas and topped the last layer of toppings.
- Cover with tinfoil, put on trivet if you haven't already and close your lid and steam valve.
- Set Instant Pot to manual, pressure, high, for 4 minutes.
- Do a slow release.
- Lift out of pot carefully using hot pads.
- Place pan on a plate. Unhook side of springform pan and lift outside of pan off. Use a spatula to slide Mexican pizza off bottom of pan.
- Pour more enchilada sauce and chives or green onions on top, slice into 3-4 pcs. and serve! (This recipe makes 2 Mexican pizzas so if you only want 1 just cut the recipe in half)
If you’re looking to pack this or other weeknight meals with nutritious protein, you’ve gotta’ try this Foster Farms® Organic Ground Turkey!
It’s raised free range and always free of added hormones and steroids. It’s the only California-grown (you can find it in WA. and OR. too), organic, fresh ground turkey and it’s a nutritious and lean source of protein…and really tasty too! For a healthy mid-week meal just use lower fat cheeses and the other ingredients are basically fat free so it’s a win win for everyone!
We can easily split one of these between 2 or 3 of us because it has so much protein and layers that just a portion with a side salad is just enough to fill us up. I make two for all of us to eat for dinner and they’re done really fast…let us know what you think of our Instant Pot Mexican pizza below! 😉
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉