Ground beef egg rolls are cheap and can be fried or cooked in your air fryer too! Add cheese for an ooey gooey cheeseburger egg roll meal too.
Ready for some ground beef egg rolls?? You can really add any sort of filling you like but this one is simple and cheap to make. Make it as an easy air fryer recipe or in a deep fryer.
We have made a variety of air fryer egg rolls. Some use packaged wrappers and I have instructions in the printable recipe card to make those homemade too.
Once you get the hang of how they’re made you can make varieties like pizza egg rolls and lots lots more.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- My Favorite Air Fryer is a Cosori or for a dual machine, the Foodi.
- You can find more easy air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- This is the best air fryer cookbook. It’s important to know and remember how to preheat air fryer for best results.
- Here’s a printable free air fryer cooking time chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page below where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love.
Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
This time shredded cheese was added to our air fryer ground beef recipe, that is optional of course. If you are lactose intolerant or need a dairy free option you wouldn’t need that. Sharp cheddar is a wonderful add in though.
This is what was used this go around that you’ll need to get ready;
- Either ground beef or spicy sausage is incredible too
- Onion powder
- Cheddar cheese is optional
- Dill relish or finely diced and chopped homemade pickles
- Could dice half an onion and add that when browning meat
- Worcestershire sauce
- Small bowl
- Baking sheet or large air fryer with olive oil spray
If you wanted to make more of a Korean egg roll you could add some thick teriyaki sauce into the mix as well. Or just use that as a dipping sauce at the end. Onion and garlic, minced, are great add ins as well.
Once you brown your meat you can toss everything else together and start folding like a present. If you’ve never prepared them it’s quite easy. Just spoon 2 heaping tablespoonful in the center and roll up the bottom over the top.
Then fold the sides of the egg roll wrapper over the beef mixture and roll all the way up. Dip your fingers in a bit of water to wipe at the very end on the underside to seal up well.
You definitely don’t want it to unravel no matter what method of cooking you decide to use. That will be a real mess.
Cheeseburger Egg Rolls Recipe
The first most always contains meat. Similar to air fryer frozen egg rolls these have precooked beef inside. The latter has just cabbage, carrots, celery, and may have some tofu but are vegetarian.
Why do they call them egg rolls?
Well nobody knows absolutely for sure but it may be because homemade wrappers contain egg in them. In an old Chinese cookbook it calls for wrapping ingredients inside a thin egg omelette. Who knows.
If you are making fried egg rolls submerged in oil make sure you have a wad of paper towels. You will want to lay them on top so the excess can be absorbed and the outsides stay nice and crispy.
Time needed: 6 minutes.
Ground Beef Egg Rolls
If air frying preheat machine to 360 degrees for 5 minutes. If you are frying them in oil, add that into a pan on medium high heat.
Cook ground beef on stovetop until browned, then drain grease and add into a bowl seasonings, dill relish and W. sauce.
Place egg roll wrappers one at a time on a cutting board so it looks like a diamond. Put 2 tbsp of mixture in the center.
Fold the bottom corner over the mix and roll once, fold sides in and then roll all the way up so it is sealed. Before rolling all the way up use your finger to put a bit of water at the very end on the underside so it sticks and seals well.
Place inside air fryer basket and spray outside with olive oil spray. Cook for 6 minutes flipping over halfway through the time.
If frying inside oil, pinch a bit of wrapper off and put into it. If it immediately fries then it is hot enough to begin cooking.
Put a few in a time, turn over when golden brown and place on paper towels.
This is how they should look either way you make them. Frying will make them a bit browner.
What goes good on egg rolls?
Like I said, we make these and air fryer potstickers all the time. I use the same sort of sauces for all of them;
- Soy sauce is a given
- Garlic chili sauce has a bit of tang and sweetness
- Sriracha for heat
- Hot mustard
- My kids actually like using our bang bang shrimp sauce
If you are making this like a cheeseburger or sloppy joe egg rolls, then you might go the route of ketchup and yellow mustard.
Looking for other ideas to make that use these a similar wrapping technique? Try these other goodies:
- Air fryer empenadas are similar but have more Mexican flavors
- For dessert you can make our cheesecake egg rolls with cherry pie filling inside
- Using smaller versions of this you can make air fryer won tons like you see here below. I used the same meat, cole slaw cabbage mix and teriyaki sauce. Super easy to throw together but tastes similar to a restaurant.
What is the best way to reheat egg rolls?
Remove from fridge and for best results allow to come to room temperature. Best method is to again use your air fryer at 400 degrees F for 4 minutes flipping after 2. Alternatively you can deep fry for a few min.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Ground Beef Egg Rolls
- 1 lb ground beef precooked and drained
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 c relish dill
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 c cheese optional, shredded
- egg roll wrappers
- olive oil spray
- If air frying preheat machine to 360 F. for 5 minutes, if frying add oil to pan on medium high heat.
- Cook ground beef on stovetop until browned, drain and add into a bowl with onion powder, salt, pepper, dill relish and W. sauce. Stir together.
- Place egg roll wrapper on a cutting board so it looks like a diamond in front of you. Put 2 tbsp of mix in the center.
- Fold the bottom corner over the mix and roll once, fold sides in and then roll all the way up so it is sealed. Before rolling all the way up use your finger to put a bit of water at the very end on the underside so it sticks and seals well.
- Place inside air fryer basket and spray outside with olive oil spray. Cook for 6 minutes flipping over halfway through the time.
- If frying pinch a bit of wrapper off and put into oil. If it immediately fries it is hot enough. Put a few in a time, turn over when browned and place on paper towels when all sides are golden brown.