Frozen hot dogs in air fryer or Ninja Foodi turn out perfect! From rock hard frozen solid to tender yet crispy on the outside in minutes. Yes air fryer hot dogs are great but if you forgot to defrost them, you can still save dinner.
Have you wondered whether you could cook frozen hot dogs in air fryer? Well you totally can and we are going to help you do it today. I love cooking frozen foods in air fryer because I’m forgetful and sometimes it’s just a necessity. Here’s one of our easy air fryer recipes to try out this week. (affiliate links present, originally published 6/22)
Cook Frozen Hot Dogs in Air Fryer
So this is how to cook frozen hot dogs on the stovetop and in the oven, but in the summertime there is no way I am turning that on. Especially when we lived in the desert and it was over 100 degrees day after day I did everything to not bake or heat the house up in any way.
I try to keep the house nice and cool during the hotter months so almost all of our meals are Ninja Foodi or Cosori air fryer recipes for sure. Ok and I love my pressure cooker too. Weiners are one of those meals I make when I am just burned out and don’t want to really cook, but don’t want the kids to eat cereal for dinner either.
They are a cheap comfort food that everyone loves, the kids can eat them outside if they are having water play fun and only take 15 minutes to prepare.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- My Favorite Air Fryer is a Cosori or for a dual machine, the Foodi.
- You can find more easy air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- This is the best air fryer cookbook. It’s important to know and remember how to preheat air fryer for best results.
- Here’s a printable free air fryer cooking time chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page below where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love.
Ninja Foodi Frozen Hot Dogs
You can use any brand of hot air machine to make these you might have at home. I have three different ones and often times I will make a few things all at the same time. On busy days though I often times forget to take frozen food out in the morning to defrost by dinnertime, you may be the same way….
We have directions here on how to air fry frozen hot dogs as well as getting them tender in the oven and stovetop as well. In the air fryer only takes about 9 minutes before they’re browned and crispy on the outside yet tender in the center. The easiest, best and fastest method we love.
I don’t recommend it. If you’re in a pinch and that is all you have I would remove from the wrapper, put on a paper towel in one layer and microwave for 20 seconds first. Then open up and lay in air fryer to crisp at 400 F for about 3 minutes until golden brown.
It’s likely that you’re whole package is rock hard. That would occur if you just threw the whole thing right into your deep freezer, we can help with that.
Air Fryer Frozen Hot Dogs
There are two ways to separate them which is necessary for the success of this recipe. You can run room warm water over them and gently pull them apart. Or if you throw the whole thing in the basket while it’s preheating it will typically melt most of the ice and after the 5 minutes is up you can take them apart.
Frozen Hot Dogs in Ninja Foodi
For this machine you will use the lid that is attached and the button that says air fry. There is no need to pressure cook this go around unless you wanted to add 1 minute to our Instant Pot hot dogs timing. The benefit to this machine is you can do it 2 different ways, this one will make the outside skin crispy though which is best.
- You just need a package of weiners
- my favorite brand is beef Hebrew National or Boar’s Head uncured personally
- Hot dog buns
- I make this as my favorite hot dog mustard – we use it on soft pretzels and bratwurst in the oven too
And any other toppings you and your kids love of course.
So you probably cooked these in the microwave as a kid. I bet you made the mistake once or twice of not poking them with a fork and BOOM….right? Well that’s kinda’ the case with these too, you want to score each one in order for them to able to expand without exploding.
How to Cook Frozen Hot Dogs in Air Fryer
There’s a printable recipe card at the bottom of this post for easy air fryer hot dogs to keep on hand, here is a quick rundown too.
- Start by preheating your air fryer at 350° for 5 minutes.
- Run frozen dogs under water and use a butter knife to carefully separate. If they cannot be separated, leave in air fryer while it’s preheating to loosen them.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a line down the center, lengthwise, of each one to allow steam to escape.
- Spread in basket in one single layer, cook for 8-10 minutes cook time.
- The buns can be heated after that in the air fryer as well. Open and place inside of it facing up in a single layer, cook 3 minutes for warm, lightly toasted buns.
Put them cooked hot dogs and buns together, dress them up as you would normally at any picnic or cookout and enjoy together. This will likely be added to your meal plan too because they’re so quick and easy. Just as simple as cooking fresh hot dogs and way faster than grilled hot dogs.
Hot Dog Buns in Air Fryer
Ok so if you like toasted buns, the bread kind, it is way easier to do than on the grill or oven. I did this for the first time the other day and it was a real hit. Like it took an extra 2-3 minutes and it was like I invented something new….who knew. I suggest you take the extra step and see if your family loves it as much too.
- After your dogs are done, transfer them to a plate and keep in the microwave on warm.
- Lay a piece of foil in the basket so the grease won’t touch your buns and get them moist.
- Open each bun and lay inside with the inside facing up, try not to overlap them.
- Close drawer, set to 400 F and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they are as browned as you’d like.
You can print recipe for all of it below. Fresh or frozen these will surely be a hit with your fam bam too. 😉 Now we have discussed other ways of how long to boil hot dogs using other methods too you can read up on and see which are your favorites.
How long do I cook frozen hot dogs in the air fryer
So let’s do a quick rundown right? 8 minutes is typically what you’ll need for this. A quick meal that kids love and you can toast the buns for a few more after if you like crispy buns. 😉
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Frozen Hot Dogs in Air Fryer
- 8 hot dogs frozen
- Preheat air fryer at 350° for 5 minutes. Run frozen dogs under water and use a butter knife to carefully separate hot dogs. If they cannot be separated, cook in air fryer for 5 minutes.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a line down the center lengthwise of each hot dog to allow steam to escape. Spread hot dogs in single layer, cook 8-10 minutes.
- The buns can be heated in the air fryer as well when these are done. Remove dogs and place a piece of foil on the bottom. Open each one up and place open side up in a single layer, cook 2-3 minutes for warm, lightly toasted buns. Top with your favorite toppings.