Best air fryer stuffed mushrooms that can be spicy or mild. Make in your Ninja Foodi or other hot air machine for the perfect appetizer.
Portabello air fryer stuffed mushrooms are so yummy! Spicy with jalapenos or mild with a rich cream cheese filling, you’ll love this snack too. An easy air fryer recipe perfect for your next party.
Oh how we love these little vegetables. Actually it wasn’t until later in life that I acquired a taste for them when making Instant Pot mushrooms.
Now my kids are fans as a side dish or yummy treat when creating a charcuterie board or served at a Super Bowl party.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Grab the best air fryer cookbook here.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
Ninja Foodi Stuffed Mushrooms
There are so many variations of these, really. I mean the base is softened cream cheese but beyond that you can add really all of your favorite ingredients. This is what was added this time.
- Package of cream cheese, softened
- Bell peppers finely diced
- Pre cooked bacon crumbled or bagged bacon bits
- Chili lime seasoning
For the top crunchy breadcrumb coating you’ll need:
- Crushed crackers
- Olive oil spray works well to get the outside extra crispy
And you’ll need whipped eggs to dunk the filled mushrooms into.
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Adjust the heat as you wish or leave all of it out if you’d rather. Either way they’re so yummy.
When rinsing them do it quickly. Use paper towels to blot off any water on the outside. Then cook at a high temperature to keep them dry and crisp the outsides. The air fryer is great for this.
Quickly rinse, dry and remove stems. Then use a small spoon to scrape out the gills from the tops so there’s more room for the filling.
You can save leftovers but they won’t be as good texture wise as the day they were made. To reheat put into air fryer at 320 F or in oven for a few minutes.
If you’re new to using portabellos they are great. Firmer than the button variety they tend to be a bit larger too, unless you get baby bellas.
You can pick whichever size you like but babys will work better as an appetizer for sure. The smaller they are the quicker they will be done so keep a close eye on themas cook times will vary depending on the size.
In total keep in mind this will take 30 minutes or so. Air fryer appetizers are really great for game day. You can prepare many of them ahead of time and then just pop them into the air fryer basket right before people arrive.
Our air fried frozen mozzarella sticks are even faster since they come right out of the box already made.
Remember that almost everything made in this “magic machine” needs just a light spray of olive oil to get it perfectly crisp on top.
Stuffed Mushrooms in the Air Fryer
Time needed: 15 minutes.
Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
Quickly and gently rinse mushrooms. Remove stems and dry with a paper towel. Use a spoon and very gently scrape out the gills under the mushroom cap.
This will make the most room for filling. In a mixing bowl combine filling. Spoon this mixture into the mushrooms, set aside.
In a bowl whisk your eggs. In another mix topping of crushed crackers with chili lime seasoning, garlic powder, milk and salt. Preheat air fryer to 370 degrees F for 5 minutes.
One at a time dunk filled mushrooms into egg, then top with cracker topping and place inside air fryer basket.
Now cook in one layer for 10 minutes, then spray tops with olive oil spray. Continue cooking for 3-5 minutes or until tops are crispy and browned as desired.
Could add shredded parmesan cheese after 10 minutes too.
You can see how they turn out here. You can garnish with all sorts of things like chopped parsley, cilantro, paprika etc…
Here are a few other bite size appetizers you will love too before you jump to recipe below.
- Air fryer bacon smokies are are sweet and savory.
- Everyone will love air fryer zucchini fries.
- My girls love air fryer green bean fries too.
- And of course air fryer wings with dry rub are amazing.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
There are nutrition facts listed below in the card. Those are calculated by the card itself, not me, and include all the items listed. If you add something else or take away an item it will be skewed slightly of course.
Keep that in mind if you are very cognizant of calories, saturated fat, etc… amounts. But, like any other party food you should enjoy them all in moderation.
Parties are no time to be counting calories y’all, just enjoy and let us know what you think! Did you add anything else that made it over the top amazing?? Let us know so we can give that a whirl next go around. 😉
Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 portabello mushrooms
- 12 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 c cheese shredded
- 2 tsp chili lime seasoning
- 1.5 tsp minced garlic
- 1 c bell pepper diced
- 1-2 jalapenos diced, optional, more or less depending on heat
- 1/3 c bacon cooked, diced
- 1 tbsp onion finely chopped
- 1.5 c crackers crushed
- 2 tsp chili lime seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c milk
- pinch salt
- Rinse mushrooms, remove stems and dry with paper towels. Use a small spoon and gently scrape out the gills on the underside of the top to leave the most room for filling.
- In a mixing bowl combine filling ingredients, items 2-9, in a bowl.
- Spoon this mixture into the mushrooms, set aside.
- In a bowl whisk your eggs. In another mix crushed crackers with chili lime seasoning, garlic powder, milk and salt. This will be your topping.
- Preheat air fryer to 370 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- One at a time dunk filled mushrooms into egg, then top with cracker topping and place inside air fryer basket.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then spray tops with olive oil spray. Continue cooking for 3-5 minutes or until tops are crispy and browned as desired.