Air fryer green beans with parmesan are a great snack or side dish with any meal. Crispy and crunchy vegetables covered in Panko bread crumbs and seasoning.
Have you made a batch of baked green bean fries before? We made these parmesan air fryer green beans the other day and boy were they amazing! Talk about a healthy snack with a TON of flavor, you’ve gotta try this air fryer recipe this week.
- We have 2 electric air fryers, one is large for bigger batches, as well as our Ninja Foodi unit.
- Any brand will do really, just some are smaller and will need multiple batches so they turn out nice and crispy.
Ingredients needed to make air fryer green beans fries
- Panko breadcrumbs
- here is a gluten free version
- Fresh green beans
- Parmesan cheese
- garlic salt
- anything else you like
You will also need 3 small plates with lips so you can dredge, dip, and coat the outsides of your vegetables. Bowls could be used I guess but I left the beans long and thought it was easier this way.
Note: I haven’t used the gluten free alternatives but assume they’d work well.
This part is a bit time consuming as you’ll need to coat each piece with flour, then dredge into the egg, and lastly press the bread crumbs before cooking.
I made about 1/2 lb. of these and it took about 15 minutes to prep. Since I was using my large air fryer I was able to cook them all at once which was nice.
- If you have a traditional size with a drawer you’d need to make a few batches. They’re best to enjoy fresh so take that into consideration.
- I had them for lunch with a side of ranch dressing and they were wonderful!
Do you need to cut off the ends of green beans?
Yes, you’ll need to nip the tips off each end of the beans after rinsing them. You can line them up and with a knife cut the ends off. For best results, make sure they’re young, fresh, and snap when you break one in half.
- If they are a bit older and stringy you will need to cut the ends off one at a time with your fingers.
Can you eat green beans raw?
Some people say yes, they are safe to eat raw. Others say that they can be toxic. Truth is, string beans are indeed safe to eat raw, fresh or frozen after you have properly washed them.
- I will say that air frying will not leave them raw, but rather firmer than Instant Pot green beans.
- You can call it al dente I suppose, but since it is hot air cooking them they will not get as soft as they are canned or boiled.
- Personally I like the texture this way. By the time the parmesan breading is nice and brown the inside will still be a bit on the crunchy side.
- If you’ve had The Habit fried green beans, these are different because those are submerged and fried in hot oil thus they’re softer inside.
This air fryer fried green beans recipe is pretty incredible. With the combination of shredded parmesan cheese and lots of seasonings, there’s NO lack of flavor.
- I do love these with dipping sauces though!
What is the most popular dipping sauce?
- Bbq sauce is on the top of the list, but probably not great for these
- Ranch dressing is perfect for these!
- Ketchup might be a fave for some, mainly kids
- Garlic aioli I love on just about everything
- Fry sauce is served with EVERYTHING around here.
Here are the super easy steps to follow:
- Rinse and trim beans – use fresh, do not use frozen green beans that have been defrosted
- Mix Panko with garlic powder, salt and pepper and any other seasonings you’d like.
- Whisk eggs on another plate, and put flour on a 3rd plate.
- Roll beans in flour, shake off excess.
- Dredge in egg, allow excess to fall off.
- Bury it then in your bread crumb mixture and press so it sticks well.
- Place prepared beans in the air fryer basket
- Close and set to 400 degrees for a 6-9 minute cooking time
- varies depending on how brown you like your crispy green beans
- This whole process should take just under 30 minutes from start to finish.
- Enjoy immediately for best taste!
After you’re done enjoying these, try our homemade french fries too!
Want to learn how to air fry everything? Here are a few to try next.
- Air fryer garlic wings with a dry rub
- Our zucchini fries are similar to this but with a different veggie
- For a main dish, this crispy salmon is pretty incredible.
Air Fryer Green Beans
- Wash and trim ends off green beans. On one plate mix together flour, garlic salt, salt and pepper.
- On a 2nd plate mix together Panko and parmesan cheese. On a 3rd plate with a lip whisk together your eggs.
- One by one dip rinsed (a bit wet on the outside still) green beans into flour mixture to coat. Shake off excess, then dip into egg mixture, and then cover with Panko mixture well. Press down on bean so last coating sticks well.
- Place coated beans into air fryer basket or racks.
- Once full and beans are NOT overlapping set to 400 degrees for 6-9 minutes. Timing will vary depending on whether you have multiple racks going or have a smaller basket. Get nice and brown on outside and then allow them to sit inside air fryer for 3-5 minutes to continue to soften bean a bit once they're as crispy as you'd like them.
- Remove that batch and start with another in your air fryer.
- Serve with ranch dressing for dipping sauce.