Frozen popcorn shrimp in air fryer directions are here! A kid favorite quick meal or snack that is cheap and easy for anyone to get crispy.
Need a quick meal some nights? Try frozen popcorn shrimp in air fryer some time. So simple that even your teens can make it all on their own. Air fryer frozen foods are so much better than baked in the oven y’all. You will have to try this easy air fryer recipe and let us know if you agree. (affiliate links present)
Air Fryer Frozen Popcorn Shrimp
Yes we did make HOMEMADE air fryer popcorn shrimp earlier this year but we don’t always have time to do that. I am sure you’re in the same boat as us sometimes. On those busy taxi driver days you need something hearty you can pour right out of the box and into your magic basket. Give it a few minutes and enjoy right?
This is just one of the many game changer meals we have discovered lately. Next to air fryer fish sticks it’s out go to when we don’t get home until after the sun has gone down.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
Shrimp in Air Fryer
Let’s talk about this for a minute shall we? When it comes to the sea we love it all. This time we are specifically speaking about frozen food though so let’s stick with that. This isn’t the only winner of a dinner with seafood.
- We love making air fryer frozen shrimp too
- You can cook white air fryer frozen fish perfectly, and frozen salmon in air fryer too
- Add a second item into the mix and make air fryer fish and chips some night too
- If you have a pressure cooker, you should try Instant Pot frozen shrimp as well, cooks in under 3 minutes!
There are many different brands out there but SeaPak seems to be the most commonly found out where we are. We used to live near the coast in California so we are huge fish lovers. Now that we are in Idaho let’s just say it is hard to find it fresh…..
That is why we resort to finding the highest quality frozen products like this, or making air fryer fried shrimp ourselves. If you do have the time I’d highly recommend trying this one above. I just use a light breading with seasonings like Old Bay and a bit of olive oil to make it taste deep fried, but it’s not.
Ninja Foodi Frozen Popcorn Shrimp
Because I do have 3 different types of fryers I can make this and another dish on the side. It depends on what I have in the fridge or freezer at the time but frozen french fries are usually my go to. If I’m feeling really guilty about eating “fried” I will try to throw in some asparagus instead (our fave when it’s in season).
I always recommend preheating your machine for the ultimate outer texture. If you count that time this takes 15 minutes from start to finish, now that is fast! This is all you do.
- As I said, first preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Pour the frozen breaded shrimp into your basket. Shake so they are overlapping the least amount possible.
- Cook for a total of 10 minutes shaking the basket after minute 5 min.
- If you want it really crispy spray with olive oil at the end + cook 1 additional minute.
I keep a jar of cocktail sauce in the fridge just for this. Kids like ketchup too.
How do you air fry frozen breaded popcorn shrimp?
I hope we’ve answered that in detail for you here. Note that this box was 18 oz. total. Spread out it didn’t overlap much, you want it in a single layer. Personally I wouldn’t do two boxes at the same time as I feel like doubling often times doesn’t get the crispy result you want. It’s better to do just one at a time, especially since it’s done so quickly.
You may have to increase the cooking time too if your contents are much more than what we showed here. There needs to be ample hot air flow throughout your air fryer basket to get that deep fried crunch.
Nutritional information will vary according to the brand you chose, refer to your packaging for accurate numbers as far as that is concerned.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Frozen Popcorn Shrimp in Air Fryer
- 1 box popcorn shrimp frozen, 18 oz. used
- olive oil spray
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Pour frozen breaded shrimp into basket and shake so they are overlapping the least amount possible.
- Cook for a total of 10 minutes shaking basket after minute 5. If you want it really crispy spray with olive oil at the end and cook 1 additional minute.