Air Fryer zucchini fritters are great snacks or side dishes using this cheap green vegetable. Use your Ninja Foodi or any brand and enjoy this keto low carb dish.
Have you tried air fryer zucchini fritters yet? They’re easy to throw together with a crunchy texture on the outside you’ll love. Take a bite and let us see what you think of this easy air fryer recipe. (affiliate links present)
I have made it all when it comes to zucchini!! I mean we used to have a plant in your vegetable garden and it goes crazy during the summertime.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Grab the best air fryer cookbook here.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
- Did you know that this inexpensive vegetable has only 62 calories per cup and is packed with vitamin C, A, potassium, folate, and fiber!
- It can be used in so many dishes too.
These fritters are a great side dish, or vegetarian meal. Below is where it all starts from though right?? You don’t have to grow your own, we don’t have a garden yet in our new home. It is sure nice to just pick your own though.
Talk about ultra fresh and all the deliciousness when you pick it yourself.
Crispy Zucchini Fritters
These are the ingredients you’re going to need to make these as a Cosori air fryer recipe or whatever brand you have:
- Shredded zucchini
- Almond flour to make it low carb – or use all purpose flour works
- Green onion
- Parmesan cheese
Use a soft spatula to incorporate together so veggies don’t break apart.
Here are a few questions you might have, or things to keep in mind before you get started on these:
Great question, and something you really need to do. Especially when baking with this wet veggie, you need to get some of the water out. I like to shred on paper towels and press down gently.
Most like to top them with sour cream or tzatziki sauce. Serve along side a salad and you have yourself a healthy meal that will satiate you for sure.
Now get out a bowl and let’s get to making the “dough”.
Can you reheat zucchini fritters?
Of course. Take out of the fridge and it is best to allow them to reach room temperature a bit first. Then microwave for 45 seconds or you could warm in an oven at 375 F for about 10 minutes.
Can you freeze cooked zucchini fritters?
You could. Make sure you allow them to cool off completely, then transfer to a freezer bag. They can be frozen safely for about 2 months.
Here are quick step by step instructions but we have a printable recipe card at the bottom of this post as well.
Time needed: 15 minutes.
Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
Grate zucchini on top of a few paper towels folded together to absorb some of the water.
Transfer to a bowl and toss with the salt. Let sit for 15 minutes to absorb more of the water. (you can skip this if you wish to reduce the sodium, just fold shredded pcs. in paper towels, press down)
After 15 minutes sitting, transfer zucchini to paper towels and press down.
In another large bowl add the egg, almond flour, 1 of the green onions, seasoning, baking powder and cheese until combined.
Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F for 5 minutes.
Gently incorporate the grated dried zucchini into the batter mix.
Create small patties with the mixture, spray inside of air fryer basket with non stick olive oil spray. Set patties on parchment paper until they’re all prepared.
Set inside in a single layer with a bit of space between each of them.
Set to cook for 15 minutes at 375 F, flip each one over after 10 minutes. Can spray the fritters after 10 min. air frying to be extra crispy. Remove when they’re as golden brown as you’d like.
It is very important remember to lay zucchini and squeeze water out or else these will likely fall apart and not crisp well.
Keto Zucchini Fritters
Whether you use almond or all purpose flour to make these, you’ll love them either way.
Looking for other easy zucchini recipes? We have made lots of them like:
- Air fryer zucchini boats stuffed with seasoned ground beef and topped with cheese.
- You could batter with a bit of tempura and fry our salt and pepper zucchini chips.
- I think our air fryer zucchini chips are our favorite though.
Printable recipe with nutritional facts is below. Based on a 2,000 calorie diet, percent daily values are based on exact ingredients listed below.
Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
- Grate zucchini on top of a few paper towels folded together to absorb some of the water.
- Transfer to a bowl and toss with the salt. Let sit for 15 minutes to absorb more of the water. (you can skip this if you wish to reduce the sodium by just folding shredded pcs. in paper towels and press down to remove water)
- After 15 minutes sitting, transfer zucchini to paper towels and press down.
- In another bowl mix together the egg, almond flour, 1 of the green onions, seasoning, baking powder and cheese until combined.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Gently incorporate the grated dried zucchini into the batter mix.
- Create small patties with the mixture, spray inside of air fryer basket with non stick spray and set patties inside with a bit of space between each of them.
- Set to cook for 15 minutes at 375 F, flip each one over after 10 minutes. Remove when they're as golden brown as you'd like.
- Top with sour cream and green onions.