How to cook lamb ribs in air fryer, in slow cooker, grilled, roasted or braised is here. Best way to get ribs from lamb to tender with a dry rub. A protein rich food with tons of flavor, if you haven’t cooked this part yet we will show you step by step our favorite cooking method.
Cooking lamb ribs is somewhat similar to it’s beef counterpart but a bit more delicate and a different shape. Because of this you may want to use a different cooking method or rub on the outside to get the ideal flavor(s). We will discuss several cooking methods but as an air fryer recipe is our favorite. (affiliate links present)
Lamb rib meat is a cut from the rib of the lamb (duh). They are a popular choice for grilling, roasting, and braising. They are not only super delicious but also are a good source of protein, iron, and zinc. Many times we will cook these and lamb shoulder chops so everyone gets the piece they want.
Also a good source of B vitamins, including B12. I mean there aren’t a lot of negatives to them if made right!
This cut is a relatively lean cut of meat, at the end of a long skinny bone. Generally kept in tact when cooking and sliced into pieces when done it is great with a rub of dry seasonings are coating the outside. No sauce needed here my friends but you will need a bit of prep time to remove membrane from ribs first.
You basically just need to use a sharp kitchen or butter knife to get this done. Just insert the tip at the edge of the bones, just under the membrane to lift up the membrane.
Slice and pull that off, discard and you are ready to get started. Why do you do this? You know how meat falls off the bone when cooking traditional or pressure cooker ribs? This is why.
If you leave it on all the pieces are kinda’ tied together with this lining. Peeling it off allows the meat to pull away from the bone easier and get as fork tender as possible. It only takes 5 minutes to do and so worth it!!
Air Fryer Lamb Ribs
We have used the pork variety to make “regular” air fryer ribs in the past. The directions aren’t much different, but slightly. You can use seasonings of your choice of course but we will share what is used in our house most often below too.
Lamb Ribs Recipe
I will share a few other ways these can be done as well as making slow cooker pork ribs below with these, roasted and braised but like I said our favorite is this so let’s explain. The amount you can cook at once will depend on the size of your basket. A round version will likely fit less than square.
That is why I really do love my Cosori electric air fryer because of the shape and size. If you can fit more than 1/2 of a pound then of course I would use enough seasoning to cover the outside, unless you just want a light coating.
- 1/2 lb ribs or lamb riblets
- Garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
Lamb Ribs Air Fryer
If you wanted a sweeter blend follow the link at the top of our post. It has brown sugar for a sweet and savory blend.
For heat you could use a sprinkle of red pepper flakes or dry Sriracha. You could also make a spicy sauce and brush that on when done as another option. To make you just:
- Add spices into a small bowl, mix.
- Remove the membrane from the meat.
- Dry the outsides with paper towels. Season lamb on all sides.
- Preheat air fryer to 375 F for 5 minutes.
- Spray inside of air fryer basket with non stick spray and add meat.
- Air fry ribs for 14 -16 minutes.
Turn ribs over and cook another 9-12 more minutes or until insides register at 145 degrees F in the thickest part. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. It’s a quick meal for sure. Here is how long to cook lamb chops too if you want to make a few cuts at the same time.
Lamb Ribs Temperature
Lamb ribs are a flavorful and versatile cut of meat that should be cooked to 145 F. They can be cooked in a variety of other ways too.
Paired with a variety of sauces and side dishes they have become a favorite meal in our house, even with the kids. Here are some ways they can be cooked you might enjoy as well as air fried;
- Grilled Lamb Ribs Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Season the lamb ribs with salt, pepper, and your favorite herbs. Grill the ribs for 3-4 minutes per side, or until they are cooked to your desired doneness.
- Roasted Lamb Ribs Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Season rack of lamb ribs with Kosher salt, black pepper, and your favorite herbs. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes, or until they are cooked to your desired doneness.
- Ribs in Oven at 200 is a great way to get the most tender meat that will pull away from the bone but will take a good 5 hours to get to that point. Just set on a sheet pan lined with foil, can add a dry rub and bake.
- Braised Lamb Ribs In a large pot, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Add the lamb ribs and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, or until they are browned. Add some red wine, beef broth, and your favorite herbs to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 1-2 hours cook time, or until they are tender.
- Pressure Cooker Lamb Ribs If you would like to follow the directions for this one you can do so here. This will get them nice and tender but personally I have to have some crisp on the outside, so I’d use my Ninja Foodi for it so after I could air crisp for a few minutes at 400 when done.
You will know that they are done perfectly when they hit a safe 145 degrees, are fall-off the bone tender and have formed an appetizing crust on the outside.
Lamb Ribs Slow Cooker Recipe Easy
If you want to use your Crockpot for lamb you can and once again low and slow wins the prize. I still say that the crust is a must for us. You’d have to do a second step after this one to get it like broil for a few minutes in the oven or air fry. Now jump to the recipe card below and try our favorite way first, then go on from there.
1. Make sure the ribs are at room temperature before cooking.
2. Season the ribs with salt, pepper, and your favorite herbs and spices.
3. Cook the ribs until they are cooked through, but still slightly pink in the center.
4. Let the ribs rest for a few minutes before serving.
1. Roasted vegetables
2. Mashed potatoes
Lamb ribs are typically available at grocery stores and butcher shops. They can also be ordered online.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
How to Cook Lamb Ribs
- Add spices into a small bowl, mix. Remove the membrane from the meat. Dry the outsides with paper towels. Season lamb on all sides.
- Preheat air fryer to 375 F for 5 minutes. Spray inside of basket with non stick spray and add meat. Air fry for 14 -16 minutes.
- Turn ribs over and cook another 9-12 more minutes or until insides register at 145 degrees F in the thickest part. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.