Crispy baby air fryer fried potatoes are a cheap side dish everyone loves. Za’atar baby potatoes in air fryer have tons of flavor and are gluten free.
I know you want to try making some air fryer fried potatoes in your new machine! Cheap side dish that goes with literally any protein for dinner, and so easy to make. Use seasonings of your choice and these tips to make them taste like deep fried crispy but with less fat. Best easy air fryer recipe ever. (affiliate links present, originally published 4/22)
Air Fryer Small Potatoes
Have you seen those bags of petite potatoes at the store before and wondered the best way to cook them? When halved it’s a great way to make roasted potatoes in air fryer with the skins on! I mean that is where the fiber and nutrition is anyway. I am skin on all the way y’all.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
And be automatically signed up for our free newsletter too!
You can find these in a few varieties. They sell little Yukon, red potatoes, and multi colored with white red and purple inside. Any of those will do, it’s kinda’ personal preference. Great part about buying them this way is that they are all similar sizes already.
If you love easy air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- My Favorite Air Fryer is a Cosori or for a dual machine, the Foodi.
- You can find more easy air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
Ninja Foodi Fried Potatoes
I have 3 different machines. A Cosori, AirWave and Foodi which all work basically the same so whatever you have just go with that. Of course the larger your air fryer basket is the more you can air fry at a time. You definitely want them to be in a single layer so the hot air circulates properly.
That depends on how large it is. If you do not cut it and you’re making baked potatoes you’re looking at a solid 40 minutes. If you dice them up they can cook as fast as 10 minutes. Petite potatoes in air fryer sliced in half like we share here take about 12 minutes (depending on their size).
Slice them thinner like our potato wedges in air fryer and you can change up the look, not the flavor.
If you want it done really fast you should follow our air fryer hashbrowns recipe. Those are typically served at breakfast but who really cares as far as I am concerned. If you are cooking it as a main meal, stuffed, you’d want to go for a few Ninja Foodi baked potatoes with chili or something.
These are kinda’ in the middle of the two. You could smother them with cheese or leave as is just with the light seasonings and maybe parmesan cheese.
Air Fryer Za atar Potatoes
Want to add a different taste that’s so yummy??!! Give Za’atar seasoning a whirl. I mean garlic salt, onion powder, salt and pepper are a given. If you end up making these often it’s great to change things up a bit and try something new. Love seafood? You should try Old Bay some night as well.
This is what was used in this go around but like I said the seasonings are up to your tastebuds:
- Large bowl to toss ingredients together
- Paper towels to dry before drizzling on the oil
- Baby potatoes with the skins on, any variety you like but red are used here
- Olive oil will help seasoning stick well
- Salt and pepper
- Then add your favorite flavors such as
- If you want to add onions follow our air fryer potatoes and onions timing
Timing will vary slightly depending on how large your pieces are. 12 minutes is average but just remove once they are fork tender in the center.
Baby Potatoes Air Fryer
I have provided a printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. You can keep it handy in your catalogue or just come back time and time again. Here’s a quick rundown of how they were made:
- Wash and cut petite potatoes in half.
- Lay all of them on a large wad of paper towels. Fold over and gently press down to remove as much water on the outsides as possible. This will help the oil stick and the outside to get extra crispy.
- Put taters into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, toss to coat. Sprinkle with seasonings of your choice and toss so they’re coated well. Preheat air fryer to 380 F for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes into air fryer basket in one single layer for about 12 minutes (depending on how thick they are). Shake basket/flip pieces half way thru until they are tender.
If you want them REALLY crispy spray with olive oil 3 minutes before the timing ends and you can turn it up and cook at 400 degrees too . With prep time this will take about 20 minutes or so, less than 30 minutes for sure.
How to Bake Potatoes in Air Fryer
That is it! Now the best way to save leftover fried potatoes would be this: Allow them to cool completely. Then spoon them into a small freezer bag and suck all of the air out of it, so it looks like it’s vacuum sealed. Refrigerate and reheat within 1 day ideally.
The next day sit them on the counter for a good 30 minutes so they aren’t so cold and then throw them back into your preheated air fryer. Cook at 400 F. for about 4 minutes tossing half way thru and then enjoy.
Small Potatoes in Air Fryer
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Air Fryer Fried Potatoes
- Wash and cut petite potatoes in half. Lay on paper towels and press down to remove as much water on the outsides as possible.
- Put into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, toss. Sprinkle with seasonings and toss so they're coated. Preheat air fryer to 380 F for 5 minutes.
- Put into air fryer basket in one single layer for 12 minutes. Shake basket/flip pcs. over half way thru. * If you add more so yours overlap it will take longer. Test after 12 with a fork and add 3 more minutes at a time until tender.
- Test with a fork to ensure they are tender, serve.