This easy beef stroganoff casserole recipe is totally amazing!! Super simple to make, creamy, and total comfort food that even my kids love. Topped with those crispy fried onions you love it’s like beef stroganoff on another level. Give it a whirl and let us know what you think!
OH MY goodness, can I just tell you how good this easy beef stroganoff casserole recipe is??!! As with any sort of casserole I threw a few things together with the stew meat I had in the fridge that needed to be cooked and it came out amazing! Stroganoff to me is just a warm comfort food that reminds me of my grandparents, and packed with flavor. It’s now on our list of quick and easy casseroles I refer to often when I need some simple ideas. (originally published 3/17)
I have made crockpot beef stroganoff for years using the basic recipe I used here but thought I’d make it into a casserole this time so it didn’t have to cook all day.
And yes this easy beef stroganoff casserole recipe is topped with French’s crispy fried onions!!
If you’ve never made beef stroganoff before it’s quite simple. Really the base ingredients are stew meat, sour cream, beef broth, and egg noodles.
Since I was making a casserole I wanted it creamier so I added cream of mushroom soup to it as well. It added a really creamy texture.
I hadn’t topped it with the onions in my slow cooker recipe because it really wouldn’t work that way. But in the oven it was seriously amazing topped with crispy fried onions.
This is basically what you need to make this easy Beef Stroganoff Casserole Recipe
Here’s a video showing you step by step how I make this easy beef stroganoff casserole recipe
- If you have an Instant Pot you can make our pressure cooker stroganoff casserole too.
I only added a pinch of salt because the soup and onions have enough salt in them in my opinion but season to your liking. It’s an easy beef casserole that can be served as is or with a side salad and you’re set!
My kids love this one I guess because I’ve been cooking it for years but really like this casserole version because of the added creaminess and crunchy onions on top.
Looking for more easy casserole dishes?
- Swedish meatball casserole
- You’ll love our Stuffed pepper casserole
- We love this Shepherds pie with ground beef dish
- Enchilada lasagna casserole is super yummy
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉
Easy Beef Stroganoff Casserole Recipe
- 1 lb stew meat cut into bite size pieces, or you can use a lb. of ground beef
- 3 c egg noodles measured uncooked
- 1/3 onion diced
- 1 1/2 c mushrooms I use baby bellas
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c beef broth
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 c French's crispy fried onions
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Put on a pot of water to boil your egg noodles in. When noodles are done, set aside.
- In another pot heat olive oil, garlic, onions, and stew meat. (cut stew meat into smaller bite size pcs. before adding, or use ground beef if you prefer)
- Brown meat on all sides but you don't need to cook more than that since it is going in the oven. (drain if you're cooking ground beef)
- Add your mushrooms and cook for a minute or two together.
- Add cream of mushroom soup, broth, and sour cream and stir.
- Allow to simmer for a minute.
- Add your worcestershire sauce, stir, and then add your cooked egg noodles.
- Stir, add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Spray a casserole dish with non stick spray. Pour stroganoff contents into 9x12 dish, cover with foil and cook for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove foil, sprinkle fried onions on top and cook for about 5 more minutes just until they get golden brown. Serve.