This easy beef stroganoff casserole recipe is totally amazing!! Super simple to make, creamy, and total comfort food that even my kids love. Topped with those crispy fried onions you love it’s like beef stroganoff on another level. Give it a whirl and let us know what you think!
OH MY goodness, can I just tell you how good this easy beef stroganoff casserole recipe is??!! It’s now on our list of quick and easy casseroles I refer to often when I need some simple ideas. (originally published 3/17)
As with any sort of casserole I threw a few things together with the stew meat I had in the fridge that needed to be cooked and it came out amazing!
- Stroganoff to me is just a warm comfort food that reminds me of my grandparents, and packed with flavor.
I have made crockpot beef stroganoff for years using the basic recipe I used here but thought I’d make it into a casserole this time so it didn’t have to cook all day.
If you’ve never made beef stroganoff before it’s quite simple. Really the base ingredients are stew meat, sour cream, beef broth, and egg noodles.
Since I was making a casserole I wanted it creamier so I added cream of mushroom soup to it as well. It added a really creamy texture.
I hadn’t topped it with the onions in my slow cooker recipe because it really wouldn’t work that way. But in the oven it was seriously amazing topped with crispy fried onions.
Beef Stroganoff Casserole Recipe
- Stew meat (this is what I use) or beef tips
- Egg noodles
- Fried onions
- or make your own crispy fried onions
- Condensed mushroom soup
- or use 10 oz. of homemade cream of mushroom soup
- Sour cream
- Minced garlic
- Beef broth (here’s a small can)
- Prepared baking dish (spray with non stick spray)
Sprinkle on a bit of salt and pepper at the end to taste.
I only added a pinch of salt because the soup and onions have enough salt in them in my opinion but season to your liking.
It’s an easy beef casserole that can be served as is or with a side salad and you’re set!
My kids love this one I guess because I’ve been cooking it for years but really like this casserole version because of the added creaminess and crunchy onions on top.
Looking for more easy casserole dishes?
- You’ll love our Stuffed pepper casserole that is deconstructed and easier to make than the “old school” version.
- We love this Shepherds pie with ground beef dish
- Enchilada lasagna casserole is super yummy too
Here’s a quick step by step but I have a printable recipe card at the bottom of this post as well:
Time needed: 35 minutes.
Beef Stroganoff Casserole
- Prepare noodles
Put on a pot of water to boil your egg noodles in. When noodles are done al dente, set aside.
- Brown meat
In another pot over medium high heat heat olive oil, add garlic, onions, and stew meat. (cut stew meat into small bite size pcs. before adding, or add ground beef if you prefer)
Brown meat on all sides but you don’t need to cook more than that since it is going in the oven. (drain if you’re cooking ground beef)
- Add ingredients
Add your mushrooms and cook for a minute or two together. Reduce heat and add in cream of mushroom soup, broth, and sour cream and stir. Allow to simmer for a minute.
Add your worcestershire sauce, stir, and then add your cooked egg noodles. Stir, add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Preheat and prepare
Spray a casserole dish with non stick spray. Pour beef mixture into 9×12 dish. Cover with foil and cook in preheated oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Remove foil, sprinkle fried onions on top and cook for about 5 more minutes just until they get golden brown.
Cooking time is a total of 30 minutes or so. You don’t have to add fried onions on top but boy are they good.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Easy Beef Stroganoff Casserole Recipe
- 1 lb stew meat cut into bite size pieces, or you can use a lb. of ground beef
- 3 c egg noodles measured uncooked
- 1/3 onion diced
- 1 1/2 c mushrooms I use baby bellas
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c beef broth
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 c French’s crispy fried onions
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Put on a pot of water to boil your egg noodles in. When noodles are done, set aside.
- In another pot heat olive oil, garlic, onions, and stew meat. (cut stew meat into smaller bite size pcs. before adding, or use ground beef if you prefer)
- Brown meat on all sides but you don’t need to cook more than that since it is going in the oven. (drain if you’re cooking ground beef)
- Add your mushrooms and cook for a minute or two together.
- Add cream of mushroom soup, broth, and sour cream and stir.
- Allow to simmer for a minute.
- Add your worcestershire sauce, stir, and then add your cooked egg noodles.
- Stir, add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Spray a casserole dish with non stick spray. Pour stroganoff contents into 9×12 dish, cover with foil and cook for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove foil, sprinkle fried onions on top and cook for about 5 more minutes just until they get golden brown. Serve.