This easy Swedish meatball casserole recipe will bring you back to your childhood but is much easier and quicker to make than you may imagine! This creamy comfort food is topped with the crispy onions you love and will definitely make you want seconds. If you love Swedish meatballs you’ll love this twist.
I don’t care what time of year it is I am all about easy meals, and absolutely love casseroles! Swedish meatballs are a favorite in my house, and remind me of my childhood because it is something my grandmother made every time we went to visit! I decided to combine these two favorites for dinner last night and came up with this easy Swedish Meatball Casserole that took no time at all. This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cooked Perfect® Meatballs. All opinions are 100% mine. (originally published 6/17)
Traditionally my grandma made her own meatballs from scratch, and although those were delicious I just don’t have time for that step.
Using Cooked Perfect® Meatballs I can whip up this easy comfort food casserole up in just fifteen minutes and throw it in the oven to bubble up while I was busy doing laundry or playing a game with my kids! 😉
Here are the main ingredients I used to make this easy Swedish meatball casserole
- Cooked Perfect® Meatballs
- Crispy fried onions
- Egg noodles
- Dijon mustard
You can Find Cooked Perfect Meatballs in your local grocery store in the freezer section and they come in a variety of flavors. They even have a Swedish version, though I used this Angus Beef Meatballs this time and it was just as delicious.
Just three minutes in the microwave warms the entire bag up, add them to your creamy sauce, into a casserole dish topped with crispy fried onions and you’re ready to pop it in the oven for just twenty minutes. If you’re a busy mom like me who loves hearty, feel-good meals you’ve got to try this easy Swedish Meatball Casserole recipe, you won’t be disappointed (and your kids will love it too…bonus).
Here’s a video showing you how we make it:
Easy Swedish Meatball Casserole
- 1 pkg. egg noodles (8 oz)
- 1 pkg. Cooked Perfect Frozen Meatballs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 2 c beef broth
- 1 c heavy cream
- 2 tbsp worcestershire Sauce
- 1/3 onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 c crispy fried onions
- 8 mushrooms (quartered, optional)
- Boil egg noodles until a bit al dente, drain and set aside.
- While you are boiling your noodles; in another pot warm butter until melted, then add broth, olive oil, cream, worcestershire sauce, diced onion, dijon, and salt together.
- Whisk in flour 1 tbsp at a time.
- Whisk in sour cream, allow to start boiling. Add mushrooms if desired.
- Empty bag of Cooked Perfect Frozen Meatballs on to a large plate or bowl so they aren't overlapping.
- Put meatballs in microwave for 1 minute, turn them over, put in for 1 more minute, turn them over, then microwave for 1 more minute.
- Add meatballs to your sauce mixture and bring to a low boil again.
- Add your slightly al dente egg noodles in with your sauce and meatballs and stir gently. Bring to a low boil again and keep on stovetop for 3-5 minutes.
- Dump contents in pan into a casserole dish and sprinkle with crispy fried onions.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake for 20-25 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve!
Looking for more easy meatball recipes, look no further! Cooked Perfect® Meatballs makes busy mom’s lives easier one bag at a time, plus try our easy beef stew casserole…..let me know which one is your favorite!! 😉
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉