Instant Pot peanut clusters are SO easy to make! The best holiday dessert covered in chocolate. Cheap and always a fan favorite with everyone.
Instant Pot peanut clusters are the perfect holiday or party treat! They’re inexpensive, sweet and salty bites of heaven I tell you. One of our many easy Instant Pot recipes here on the blog.
Do you make these every year, or maybe buy them at the store? DO NOT buy them again, they’re so cheap and simple to make yourself.
Just 3 ingredients to perfection, this is how you make them in your pressure cooker or Ninja Foodi.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
- For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
3 Ingredient Peanut Clusters
You can use any type of chocolate chips you want really. Mix milk and dark like you see here, or use white if you prefer.
Salted peanuts are best if you want that salty sweet taste to them. This is what you’re going to need in order to get started:
- Chocolate chips
- Shelled peanuts
Parchment paper is best when allowing them to cool down and harden up.
Dark chocolate peanut clusters recipe
Here are a few questions you might have before you get started on this:
Well dark chocolate chips have more antioxidants than the milk version. Good for you is relative, I mean a banana would be healthier but as far as sweets go, dark chocolate is best.
If you don’t group them together like clusters, people refer to them as goobers. You can make these too in a pressure cooker, just allow them to dry separately instead of in a pile.
Yes. Just remember that they’ll be quite hard and your teeth may not appreciate it. You can store in the fridge too in order to solidify and cool them.
You really just dump it all in, stir, and set.
The salted dry roasted peanuts go in first with the chocolate on top, followed by the shortening.
- You’ll use the slow cooker function on your pot for this.
- I will say that this is the ONLY thing that works well using that button on a pressure cooker.
- Typically it doesn’t get quite as hot as a traditional Crock pot, but all you need is everything to melt in this case.
You do need something like Crisco in order for it to melt smoothly. If not the chocolate will clump up and is likely to burn as it clumps up.
Chocolate peanut raisin clusters recipe
Yes you could add dried grapes to this mixture without any other alterations made. Adds a bit more sweetness and texture to it.
Here is a quick step by step of how it is done. There is a printable version of this in the recipe card below you can have too.
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Instant Pot Peanut Clusters
- Add ingredients
Put cocktail peanuts into pressure cooker Add semi sweet chocolate chips and shortening on top of that.
Close lid and steam vent. Press slow cooker setting for 30 minutes cook time. Once done, open and stir melting chocolate with nuts.
Lay a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Add peanut scoop mounds on to paper. Allow them to sit and get firm, putting into fridge will speed up this process.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for best results. Take one at a time out and enjoy. If you leave out at room temperature they may get a bit soft depending on your inside temp.
You could do this same thing on the stovetop if you preferred. You’d just need a double boiler or a pot with water in it with a bowl on top where the chips could be heated and melt.
Some add a tbsp. of peanut butter into the mix too. That will make it just a tad bit softer in the end when they harden. It is a really yummy addition though I must say.
Looking for some other treats to make in your multi cooker?
I love our Instant Pot coffee cake. It can be for breakfast or dessert really if you ask me. Yes you do need a smaller pan for most Instant Pot cake recipes but those can be used later in a multitude of ways.
- Want to try something else new? Use another device and make air fryer chocolate chip cookies sometime.
Instant Pot Peanut Clusters
- Put peanuts into pressure cooker
- Put chocolate chips and shortening on top.
- Close lid and steam vent. Press slow cooker setting for 30 minutes cook time.
- Once done, open and stir contents.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Scoop large tbsp. mounds out of pot and on to paper.
- Allow them to sit and get firm, putting into fridge will speed up this process.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge to store.