These spicy electric buffalo pressure cooker chicken sliders are the perfect appetizer or dinner for your family! Just 3 ingredients using fresh or frozen chicken makes the easiest Instant Pot buffalo chicken that will fly off the table at your party this year.
If you like spicy food you will love these spicy electric pressure cooker chicken sliders. I use this pot almost daily and always looking for new and easy Instant Pot recipes for my family! (originally published 11/18, affiliate links present)
Instant Pot Chicken Sliders
I like quick and easy pressure cooker and Ninja foodi recipes with 5 or few ingredients AND done in under 30 minutes. This one was really yummy with just 3 main things. You can use whatever brand you have at home, we have a Crockpot Express that works just the same way.
With poultry these directions will make each piece so fork tender that it won’t be able to be sliced. You will get delicious shredded chicken in Instant Pot that you then can toss with your favorite sauce and serve inside buns.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! Now let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have (a 6 quart) and use for all recipe creations.
Ninja Foodi Buffalo Chicken
I made these using frozen chicken in the Instant Pot which made it super simple since I didn’t even have to go to the store and I used what was already in the freezer. Yes, you can pressure cook frozen meat to tender and delicious. It’s easier to do than you might have initially thought. Cuts down on meal prep time by a lot.
- If you made a pressure cooker frozen whole chicken and have some left you can shred that and just skip to step 4 below in the recipe card!
If you’d rather use fresh chicken breasts like I did when making these Ninja Foodi shredded chicken sliders you can do that too, but using frozen to begin with is really handy.
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken
This is what it looks like when it’s done! The bonus to this is when serving as an appetizer or at a party is that you can leave it in the spicy sauce to sit and it lasts quite a while. Leftovers the next day are even really yummy. With a side of rolls or our favorites are these cute little Hawaiian sweet rolls and topped with creamy cole slaw they’re always a hit.
Buffalo chicken sliders with Cole Slaw
You are free to make homemade toppings such as this easy Hawaii cole slaw recipe, or buy already made in a tub at the store. Add extra sauce on to your sandwiches, caramelized onions can be fun or just as is with nothing else.
- Chicken breasts (frozen or fresh boneless skinless chicken breasts are best – about 4 – 5 med. size)
- Franks Red Hot sauce
- Or a bottle of barbecue sauce if you’d rather use that + 3/4 c. water
- Ranch dressing mix
- Hawaiian rolls
- Cole slaw
- Instant Pot or any brand of electric pressure cooker
Salt and pepper to taste when done if you want. You can literally do this with any type of meat when cooked fresh or as leftovers like we do with our roast beef sliders.
Super Bowl Appetizer
These aren’t for the faint of heart, they are spicy. I am not a huge spice fan but I loved these. I’d compare them to a med/hot level of buffalo sauce but the cole slaw cools them down. Cole slaw not only adds some crunch and texture, and color, to these electric pressure cooker chicken sliders but it provides some cooling for the heat of the sauce.
Buffalo chicken sliders with Ranch Packet
They’re really tasty. If you’re looking for more easy Instant Pot chicken recipes and appetizers here are a few more:
- Instant Pot Hawaiian pulled pork or Instant Pot barbecue beef sliders are fun.
- Pressure cooker frozen meatballs can be a really cheap appetizer using any sauce you love. Takes less than 20 minutes to throw together and cook.
Chicken pressure cooker recipe
We have a printable recipe card at the bottom of this post for you. Here is a quick step by step though you can check out before you get going;
- Put frozen chicken breasts into your pot with water or chicken broth.
- Set to high pressure for 12 minutes then allow 3 minutes to release steam naturally = 15 minutes cook time total.
- Then do a quick release and you should have tender cooked chicken ready to shred.
- Mix together other ingredients and pour in, stir so cooked chicken breast pieces are coated well.
- Cook on high for 2 more minutes, do not release naturally at this time, quick release is fine.
- Stir and serve as you desire. It’s a great weeknight meal or app.
Find more pressure cooker chicken recipes like how to cook a pressure cooker whole chicken and more here! Jump to recipe and get going friends!
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Pressure Cooker Chicken Sliders
- Put frozen chicken breasts and broth (or water) into your Instant Pot.
- Set to manual, pressure, high for 12 minutes.
- Do a natural release.
- Lift lid and shred chicken with 2 forks.
- Pour your bottle of hot sauce and packet of ranch dressing if you want to add that taste and tone down the heat (or barbecue sauce +3/4 c water) and stir well so chicken is well coated.
- Put lid back on and set to manual, pressure, low for 5 minutes. If you don’t have the low pressure feature then set to pressure high for 2 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Serve on rolls topped with cole slaw!