These spicy electric pressure cooker chicken sliders are the perfect appetizer or dinner for your family! Just 3 ingredients using fresh or frozen chicken makes the easiest snack that will fly off the table at your party this year. Bring on the heat!
If you like spicy food you will love these spicy electric pressure cooker chicken sliders. I use this pot almost daily and always looking for new and easy Instant Pot recipes for my family! (originally published 11/18, affiliate links present)
I like quick and easy pressure cooker and Ninja foodi recipes with 5 or few ingredients AND done in under 30 minutes.
This one was really yummy with just 3 main things.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
Super Bowl Appetizer
I made these using frozen chicken in the Instant Pot which made it super simple since I didn’t even have to go to the store and I used what was already in the freezer.
- If you made a pressure cooker frozen whole chicken and have some left you can shred that and just skip to step 4 below in the recipe card!
If you’d rather use fresh chicken breasts like I did when making these Instant Pot shredded chicken sliders you can do that too, but using frozen to begin with is really handy.
This is what it looks like when it’s done! The bonus to this is when serving as an appetizer or at a party is that you can leave it in the spicy sauce to sit and it lasts quite a while.
Leftovers the next day are even really yummy. With a side of rolls or our favorites are these cute little Hawaiian sweet rolls and topped with creamy cole slaw they’re always a hit.
Instant Pot chicken
- Chicken breasts (frozen or fresh – about 4 – 5 med. size)
- Franks Red Hot sauce
- Or a bottle of barbecue sauce if you’d rather use that + 3/4 c. water
- Ranch dressing mix
- Hawaiian rolls
- Cole slaw
- Instant Pot (I have this one)
Salt and pepper to taste when done if you want.
These aren’t for the faint of heart, they are spicy. I am not a huge spice fan but I loved these. I’d compare them to a med/hot level of buffalo sauce but the cole slaw cools them down.
- Cole slaw not only adds some crunch and texture, and color, to these electric pressure cooker chicken sliders but it provides some cooling for the heat of the sauce.
They’re really tasty.
Electric pressure cooker chicken
If you’re looking for more easy Instant Pot chicken recipes and appetizers here are a few more:
- Instant Pot Hawaiian pulled pork or Instant Pot barbecue beef sliders are fun
- Appetizer Instant Pot Dr Pepper Meatballs
- Pressure cooker frozen meatballs
- Make some easy spicy chicken wings
- Tasty Instant Pot spinach dip
Steps to follow for this easy pressure cooker recipe:
- Put frozen chicken breasts into your pot with water or chicken broth.
- Set to high pressure for 12 minutes then allow 3 minutes to release steam naturally = 15 minutes cook time total.
- Then do a quick release and you should have tender cooked chicken ready to shred.
- Mix together other ingredients and pour in, stir so cooked chicken breast pieces are coated well.
- Cook on high for 2 more minutes, do not release naturally at this time, quick release is fine.
- Stir and serve as you desire. It’s a great weeknight meal or app.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Electric Pressure Cooker Chicken
- 1 bottle Franks Hot Sauce or 1 bottle of barbecue sauce if you’d rather, then skip ranch mix
- 1 packet Ranch dressing powdered mix 1 oz
- 4-5 Chicken breasts boneless, skinless, frozen
- 12 Rolls
- 6 c Cole slaw
- 3/4 c Chicken broth or water
- Put frozen chicken breasts and broth (or water) into your Instant Pot.
- Set to manual, pressure, high for 12 minutes.
- Do a natural release.
- Lift lid and shred chicken with 2 forks.
- Pour your bottle of hot sauce and packet of ranch dressing if you want to add that taste and tone down the heat (or barbecue sauce +3/4 c water) and stir well so chicken is well coated.
- Put lid back on and set to manual, pressure, low for 5 minutes. If you don’t have the low pressure feature then set to pressure high for 2 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Serve on rolls topped with cole slaw!