Instant Pot turkey tenderloin with gravy comes out moist and delicious with a thick sauce made at the end. Shred and add pasta for a casserole if you want a complete one pot meal with it too.
Whether it’s Thanksgiving, Christmas, or you just want to make an Instant Pot turkey tenderloin throughout the year, it’s great. Tender and fork tender, here are some easy Instant Pot recipe tips to follow. (affiliate links present)
Instant Pot Turkey Tenderloin Frozen
If you only have a few people in your family, it might be just what you want to cook for the holidays. Now that my oldest daughter is off to college I have had to learn how to cook for less. I mean we love leftovers but not a weeks worth so here we go… This is a great alternative to a whole Instant Pot turkey recently.
Yes you can also make a smaller Instant Pot turkey breast but if you want to skip all the bones this is what you need to buy. If it is frozen still you can still save dinner y’all. If you have never tried this you will be surprised to know that the timing doesn’t change, seriously. Biggest thing is it needs to fit and be the size listed below.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! Now let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
- This is a great InstaPot cookbook and a set of wooden utensils are great to grab too.
- I HIGHLY recommend you buy this non stick pot.
- You should still deglaze pressure cooker after sautéing but it won’t have as many issues with this better liner.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have (a 6 quart) and use for all recipe creations.
Ninja Foodi Turkey Tenderloin
Yes, you can find this in the meat department of your local grocery store too. If you’ve never looked it’s there, if not ask your butcher if he can order a few in for you. They freeze well too so buy a couple! If you only have a Crockpot Express, that works. Using your Ninja Foodi you will attach the lid that is not attached for this one and use pressure cooker button.
Feel free to season it as you wish before adding it into your pot. Here are a few questions you might be asking yourself right now:
Nope. For one thing they are boneless and skinless. Coming from the part of the breast that is not used much, it is the most tender cut.
It is in fact white, and the tenderest strip. It is the underused muscle of the turkey.
What temperature should turkey tenderloin be?
The internal meat temperature should reach 165 degrees F to be safe to consume. Use a meat thermometer, remove from heat source, and stick it into the thickest part.
Turkey Tenderloin Instant Pot
As far as seasonings, this was kept light. Like I said, add what you like but if you are making gravy at the end remember that there will be a punch of flavor in that.
- Turkey tenderloin – used 2
- Salt and pepper
- Chicken broth or your choice
- Gravy packet
If you love minced garlic in everything, add some of that on top as well. Use the flavors you love. Then we’re going to shred our meat and add pasta to it too so you’ll need some shells or penne too for that.
Turkey Breast Tenderloin
You only need a bit of liquid when cooking this turkey breast tenderloin because it will emit some broth when it cooks too.
If you want to slice it once it’s done and serve it that way you can, but it will likely fall apart once the turkey is cooked.
How to Cook Turkey Tenderloin
Here are quick step by step directions but there is a printable recipe card at the bottom. Place tenderloins into the Instant Pot. Add in onions, paprika, salt, and pepper. Pour in 1 c. broth. Place lid on and set valve to sealed position.
- Lock the lid. Set the vent to sealing.
- Turn the Instant Pot to pressure cook high pressure, for 30 minute cooking time.
- Allow to naturally release for 5 minutes when done.
- If serving as slices, remove turkey, allow to rest for 5 minutes, slice and serve.
- For gravy, add 1 1/2 cups of water (or 2 if you want it thinner) to the liquid already in the pot. Turn pot set to saute mode. Add in three packages of gravy mix.
- Whisk together. Let come to a boil and thicken, serve on top and in a small bowl on the side too.
We prefer to take meat out, shred and dice into smaller pieces. Then add it into the gravy so it’s nicely coated.
Instant Pot Turkey Tenderloin and Noodles
If you want to make into a casserole style dish with pasta, slice and then dice meat into smaller pieces after resting. Add meat back into the pot when gravy is done and stir to coat. Meanwhile cook pasta separately as directed on the package in boiling water with a touch of olive oil so noodles don’t stick. Add into pot with diced turkey and gravy. Stir together and serve.
I am not picky about what type of small noodles I use, whatever is in my cupboard gets used. My preference is to drain when they are still a bit al dente. They will continue to soften in the thick sauce so then they’re great.
- It makes a great Instant Pot casserole I tell you. You could even add some canned corn and put the lid on to warm it all together.
Really the possibilities if you go this far are endless. If you have leftover turkey you can skip the first step entirely and just dice what you have. Make the gravy and throw in the pasta.
Instant Pot Turkey Breast Tenderloin
Looking for other Instant Pot turkey recipes? Whether you made it this way or made slow cooker turkey recipes, here are a few you can use precooked turkey or chicken in that we love:
- After the holidays, our Turkey Pot Pie Soup is always on the menu. Kinda’ like a chowder it is warm delicious comfort food on a spoon.
- Instant Pot turkey soup has a bit of a Mexican angle with a thick stock. Topped with avocado with a side of easy dinner rolls, it’s a fave too.
But there’s more….. If you have even more you need to use up and love batch cooking, make a few leftover turkey pot pies. Eat one now and freeze the rest so you have a few more meals ready to bake a serve later.
How do you reheat turkey tenderloin?
- Wrap what needs to be heated in tinfoil.
- Put it into a preheated 275 degree F oven.
- Bake until it is 130 F inside or warmer if you prefer.
- Warm leftover gravy or broth and pour over it to make it nice and moist again.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or with our popular corn casserole recipe
If it’s holiday time for you, enjoy my friends. Making this in February, I hope you enjoy it just as much as you did late last year. Make any changes to this that turned out amazing? Let me know, we’d love to try your version as well!
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Instant Pot Turkey Tenderloin
- Place tenderloins into the Instant Pot. Add in onions, paprika, salt, and pepper. Pour in 1 c. broth. Place lid on and set valve to sealed position. Pressure cook high, set timer to 30 minutes. Allow to naturally release for 5 minutes, then release rest of pressure.
- If serving as slices, remove turkey, allow to rest for 5 minutes, slice and serve. For gravy, add 2 cups of water to the liquid already in the pot. Turn on saute mode. Add in three packages of gravy mix. Whisk together. Let come to a boil and thicken, serve on top.
- If you want to make into a casserole style dish with pasta, slice and then dice meat into smaller pieces after resting. Add meat back into the pot when gravy is done and stir to coat.
- Meanwhile cook pasta separately as directed on the package. Add into pot with diced turkey and gravy. Stir together and serve.
Wednesday 14th of April 2021
Do you put the turkey on the rack or into the liquid?
Sunday 17th of January 2021
How would I make this so it's like a pulled or shredded barbeque type. With a barbeque sauce flavor...
The Typical Mom
Monday 18th of January 2021
I would use the same timing. Instead of 1 c broth use 1 c bbq sauce + 1/4 c water and that should work.