Instant Pot turkey tenderloin comes out moist and delicious with a thick gravy made at the end. Shred and add pasta for a casserole too.
Whether it’s Thanksgiving, Christmas, or you just want to make an Instant Pot turkey tenderloin throughout the year, it’s great. Tender and fork tender, here are some easy Instant Pot recipe tips to follow. (affiliate links present)
If you only have a few people in your family, it might be just what you want to cook for the holidays.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
- For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
Yes, you can find this in the meat department of your local grocery store too. If you’ve never looked it’s there, if not ask your butcher if he can order a few in for you. They freeze well too so buy a couple!
Here are a few questions you might be asking yourself right now:
Nope. For one thing they are boneless and skinless. Coming from the part of the breast that is not used much, it is the most tender cut.
The internal meat temperature should reach 165 degrees F to be safe to consume. Use a meat thermometer, remove from heat source, and stick it into the thickest part.
It is in fact white, and the tenderest strip. It is the underused muscle of the turkey.
Feel free to season it as you wish before adding it into your pot.
Turkey Tenderloin Instant Pot
As far as seasonings, this was kept light. Like I said, add what you like but if you are making Instant Pot gravy at the end remember that there will be a punch of flavor in that.
- Turkey tenderloin – used 2
- Salt and pepper
- Chicken broth or your choice
- Gravy packet
If you love minced garlic in everything, add some of that on top as well. Use the flavors you love. Then we’re going to shred our meat and add pasta to it too so you’ll need some shells or penne too for that.
You only need a bit of liquid when cooking this turkey breast tenderloin because it will emit some broth when it cooks too.
If you want to slice it once it’s done and serve it that way you can, but it will likely fall apart once the turkey is cooked.
Here are quick step by step directions but there is a printable recipe card at the bottom.
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Instant Pot Turkey Tenderloin
Place tenderloins into the Instant Pot. Add in onions, paprika, salt, and pepper. Pour in 1 c. broth. Place lid on and set valve to sealed position.
Lock the lid. Set the vent to sealing. Turn the Instant Pot to pressure cook high pressure, for 30 minute cooking time. Allow to naturally release for 5 minutes when done.
If serving as slices, remove turkey, allow to rest for 5 minutes, slice and serve.
- Make gravy
For gravy, add 1 1/2 cups of water (or 2 if you want it thinner) to the liquid already in the pot. Turn pot set to saute mode. Add in three packages of gravy mix. Whisk together. Let come to a boil and thicken, serve on top.
We prefer to take meat out, shred and dice into smaller pieces. Then add it into the gravy so it’s nicely coated.
If you want to make into a casserole style dish with pasta, slice and then dice meat into smaller pieces after resting. Add meat back into the pot when gravy is done and stir to coat.
Meanwhile cook pasta separately as directed on the package in boiling water with a touch of olive oil so noodles don’t stick. Add into pot with diced turkey and gravy. Stir together and serve.
I am not picky about what type of small noodles I use, whatever is in my cupboard gets used. My preference is to drain when they are still a bit al dente. They will continue to soften in the thick sauce so then they’re great.
- It makes a great Instant Pot casserole I tell you. You could even add some canned corn and put the lid on to warm it all together.
Really the possibilities if you go this far are endless. If you have leftover turkey you can skip the first step entirely and just dice what you have. Make the gravy and throw in the pasta.
Looking for other Instant Pot turkey recipes? Whether you made it this way or made slow cooker turkey recipes, here are a few you can use precooked turkey or chicken in that we love:
- After the holidays, our Turkey Pot Pie Soup is always on the menu. Kinda’ like a chowder it is warm delicious comfort food on a spoon.
- Instant Pot turkey soup has a bit of a Mexican angle with a thick stock. Topped with avocado with a side of easy dinner rolls, it’s a fave too.
But there’s more…..
If you have even more you need to use up and love batch cooking, make a few leftover turkey pot pies. Eat one now and freeze the rest so you have a few more meals ready to bake a serve later.
How do you reheat turkey tenderloin?
- Wrap what needs to be heated in tinfoil.
- Put it into a preheated 275 degree F oven.
- Bake until it is 130 F inside or warmer if you prefer.
- Warm leftover gravy or broth and pour over it to make it nice and moist again.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or with our popular corn casserole recipe
If it’s holiday time for you, enjoy my friends. Making this in February, I hope you enjoy it just as much as you did late last year.
Make any changes to this that turned out amazing? Let me know, we’d love to try your version as well!
Instant Pot Turkey Breast Tenderloin
Instant Pot Turkey Tenderloin
- Place tenderloins into the Instant Pot. Add in onions, paprika, salt, and pepper. Pour in 1 c. broth. Place lid on and set valve to sealed position. Pressure cook high, set timer to 30 minutes. Allow to naturally release for 5 minutes, then release rest of pressure.
- If serving as slices, remove turkey, allow to rest for 5 minutes, slice and serve. For gravy, add 2 cups of water to the liquid already in the pot. Turn on saute mode. Add in three packages of gravy mix. Whisk together. Let come to a boil and thicken, serve on top.
- If you want to make into a casserole style dish with pasta, slice and then dice meat into smaller pieces after resting. Add meat back into the pot when gravy is done and stir to coat.
- Meanwhile cook pasta separately as directed on the package. Add into pot with diced turkey and gravy. Stir together and serve.