This pressure cooker fried rice recipe is great in your Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi. Packed with vegetables it’s a great side dish or a main entree for dinner. Add chicken or beef and it’s a complete meal we love.
If you love fried rice like we do you will love this pressure cooker fried rice made in just a few minutes in your Instant Pot. Of course there are a variety of ways to make fried rice, and so many things you can add into it. If there’s an ingredient you think is a must please by all means add that too, but here is a great basic fried rice recipe you can make for dinner. It’s on the top of list when it comes to our favorite Instant Pot recipes here on our site. (originally published 6/18, affiliate links present)
Here’s what we added into our Instant Pot fried rice recipe.
Egg is a must for us but could be omitted if you have an allergy. Mixed vegetables work well since they are already diced for you and can be thrown in for a quick dinner. Rice is a given.
I like this one for many reasons but I love simple pressure cooker recipes where I do not have to precook the rice beforehand.
In my opinion it also falls into the cheap Instant Pot recipes I make often because it doesn’t require a lot of ingredients, and almost all of them I have at home.
The only thing I sometimes have to grab at the store are the frozen veggies. Now that we started buying meat in bulk and have a large freezer.
So, I have been keeping that on hand too. Especially when it is chilly outside and the last thing you want to do is head out to the store. Now you can whip this together and have a delicious meal in no time at all.
This is what you’ll need to make our easy pressure cooker fried rice
- Instant Pot – highly recommend this non stick pot
- Uncooked fried rice – we like 1 cup of Jasmine rice
- Frozen peas and carrots
- Soy sauce
- Chicken broth or water
- Green Onion
- Olive oil
- or vegetable oil could be used
Here are great recipes for other Instant Pot dinners using uncooked rice you might also like:
- Instant Pot stuffed cabbage casserole
- Easy Instant Pot stuffed pepper casserole
- This Instant Pot sweet and sour chicken
- Our pressure cooker chicken and rice dish is a great one too
If making chicken fried rice use precooked rotisserie chicken cubed. I have not made this with brown rice so unsure of the cooking time, it would take longer.
Here are the basic steps for Instant Pot fried rice.
- Add your broth, uncooked rice, onion and frozen veggies to the pot. Stir.
- Pressure cook on high for 8 minutes followed by a quick release.
- This step will cook the rice and soften veggies.
- Now you’ll be cooking the egg in the middle of this rice mixture by scrambling the egg with a little oil.
- Set pot to saute.
- If adding chicken toss in some precooked diced rotisserie and stir.
- Once everything is cooked add your soy sauce and green onions. Serve!
Directions work the same for Crockpot Express and Ninja Foodi fried rice too.
Pressure Cooker Fried Rice
- Put uncooked rice, broth, onion, and frozen vegetables into the Instant Pot or pressure cooker and mix well.
- Put lid on and close steam valve.
- Set to manual, high for 8 minutes.
- Do a quick release and open pot.
- Stir and make a well in the center of the vegetable rice mixture. Add oil in middle and set pot to saute.
- Add an egg to the middle and scramble.
- Cook until egg is scrambled and cooked. Gently stir in with rice.
- Add soy sauce, serve topped with green onions.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉