Here’s an easy and nutritious Instant Pot turkey meatloaf recipe for you! Packed with protein and full of flavor your whole family will love, this dinner is sure to please and makes great leftovers too! If you’re looking for a pressure cooker recipe using ground turkey this is a great one.
My family loves my meatloaf! I’ve used the same recipe my mom made years ago and make it at least once a month, usually more. Ever since I got my electric pressure cooker I have making almost all of my meals in it so last weekend I tried this Instant Pot turkey meatloaf and it came out great! Smothered in some barbecue sauce it was a hit and worked great for leftovers too! Definitely one of our favorite healthy Instant Pot recipes! Special thanks goes out to Foster Farms for sponsoring this post so I could share this recipe favorite with all of you. (originally published 1/18)
Everyone agreed it tasted just like my oven version but took just a fraction of time to cook.
Instant Pot turkey meatloaf sounds like a great dinner idea right??!!
If you’re looking for some comfort food, but focusing on lean sources of protein, this Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey is a great choice! Found at your local grocery store it is raised free range on a certified organic vegetarian diet, and always free of added hormones and steroids. It’s the only California-grown, organic, fresh ground turkey.
Instant Pot turkey meatloaf is a nutritious and lean source of protein. My kids love it too!
- Of course you are free to use our recipe and cook it in a loaf pan in the oven at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or until it reaches the desired “doneness” you like, but here we will explain how to make it in your Instant Pot or pressure cooker too.
- I use a springform pan, cover it with foil, and set it on a trivet to cook. This is a handy pan to have as I’ve cooked dinners such as this one, as well as cakes in it too. I don’t think I’m any different when I say I am a busy mom who doesn’t have a lot of time to cook.
I have 3 busy children and both of us work full time so any time I can create a healthy dinner in about 25 minutes I’m game.
Here’s our meat mixture prepared and ready for a short cook time.
This is what you’ll need and the recipe for our Instant Pot turkey meatloaf
- Small bowl
- Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey
- Bread crumbs
- Ranch dressing mix (powdered found in a packet at the store when you’re grabbing your ground turkey)
- Onion (can use dehydrated minced if you don’t have fresh)
- Worcestershire sauce
- Barbecue sauce (to top, or ketchup if you prefer)
- 6″ springform pan is helpful
- Salt and pepper
If you want to remove the meatloaf at the end and put it under the broiler to crisp you’ll need a sheet pan too.
I smothered our ground turkey meatloaf with barbecue sauce here because it made it prettier. Generally I serve everyone and pour some on top of their piece. The reason I do it that way is for leftovers. I try to use all of the food I make and not let any go to waste. I have made many things with my leftover meatloaf and this one is no exception.
Leftover meatloaf recipes to make:
- Spaghetti (cut up leftovers into small pieces and throw it in to add meat into your sauce) – like our Instant Pot spaghetti
- Lasagna (add meat to sauce) – or our pressure cooker lasagana casserole
- Omelettes (add chopped up leftover meatloaf inside your egg with cheese for a heartier breakfast) – or into our pressure cooker breakfast bundt cake
- Sandwiches (slice leftovers inside rolls for a meatloaf sandwich with ketchup on top)
Just 30 minutes later and it’s done!! Pressure cooking rocks.
If you’re wondering why I just don’t put it in my oven I do sometimes. However in the summertime when it is 110 degrees outside I am NOT turning on my oven for anything. That is when using a pressure cooker really helps!
- If you have a Ninja Foodi you can make this easy pressure cooker meatloaf recipe in that too.
Instant Pot Turkey Meatloaf
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix well, using your hands works best in my opinion.
- Spray the inside of a 6-7" springform pan and put your meatloaf mixture inside.
- Pat down so it fills the pan and is even across so it cooks evenly.
- Put 2 cups of water inside your Instant Pot, then a trivet, and cover your springform pan with aluminum foil.
- Lower your pan with meatloaf inside down on to your trivet.
- Put your lid on and close, close steam valve too.
- Set Instant Pot to high pressure for 20 minutes if using 19 oz. in a 6" pan, if using 1 lb. in a larger 7" pan you will want to cook a bit shorter, like 15 minutes to account for it being a bit thinner.
- Do a slow release and lift lid carefully.
- Remove foil, release lock on springform pan, and slice. Pour barbecue sauce over the top and sprinkle with chives.
Looking for more great pressure cooker recipes using Foster Farms Ground Turkey, try this Instant Pot Mexican Pizza we love too!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉