September Instant Pot recipes are here! Get ready to create a meal plan with all these pressure cooker dinners, side dishes, and desserts you’ll love.
Fall is upon us and that means September Instant Pot recipes are needed for more family meals together! If you too would like a few new and easy Instant Pot recipes to try this month, we’ve got them. (originally published 9/19, affiliate links present)
It is that time again! Right before Fall and the start of school being in session which means I bet you are busy busy busy. Now is the time for quick pressure cooker recipes everyone will love. Most are cheap so you can feed a group for less but don’t lack flavor at all.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
When school begins again I like to create weekly meal plans to make dinnertime easier on me. Most are done in 20 minutes or less, a fraction of the time vs. using your slow cooker. Let us know which one is your favorite.
- Let’s start our list of easy pressure cooker recipes with a few from our Instant Pot dinner recipes roundup!
I will start by saying that if you bookmark the above post you’ll have TONS of meals to choose from. Not just meals you can enjoy this month, but all year long.
- If want to know which Instant Pot I have, it’s the 6 qt. basic version and it works great for feeding the 5 of us.
- I also have this Instant Pot pressure cooker air fryer lid, it has been a game changer for us!
- See our Crisp Lid review here.
Now let’s talk about a few fast and easy September Instant Pot recipes we have on a regular rotation here:
- My husband and I really enjoyed this Instant Pot tilapia. So much so we made it 2 nights in a row so the girls could try it too and it got 10 thumbs up in our house.
- Pressure cooker lasagna casserole is the ONLY way to make lasagna! NO boiling required and way easier to eat.
- Want something fun, make Instant Pot Mexican pizza!
- Cheesy Instant Pot goulash is a family favorite, especially with my kids.
When my girls come home from school they make Kraft mac and cheese in a pressure cooker almost daily. I taught them how much was needed and if they forget they just pull up the post. 😉
It’s a pretty healthy snack for kids and keeps them satiated until dinner.
- Instant Pot chili mac recipe is seriously my go to recipe
- Our Instant Pot crack chicken casserole is just amazing.
- There are a bunch of pressure cooker chicken soup recipes. You don’t have to be sick to make them either.
- Making a twist on our favorite dish, this Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole is the bomb
- Our creamy pressure cooker chicken and mushroom casserole was a hit this month.
You can make it vegetarian too by just omitting the chicken. It is super hearty using baby bellas and fresh green beans. I actually came up with this one while on a trip in our RV. It was a throw together meal using canned chicken which came out surprisingly yummy!
Chicken is kinda’ a staple in our home. That and ground beef I guess. When I think of a new recipe I gravitate toward them, maybe because they’re inexpensive and that’s what I grew up on.
That and anything thrown together to make a casserole. lol Yes, I grew up in the 80’s when those were all the rage. They’re coming back with a vengeance though!!
If you’re a little like me you’ll love our roundup of Instant Pot casseroles.
- If you’re looking for simple and healthy, our Instant Pot chicken thighs bone in recipe has raving reviews.
- Spicy honey Instant Pot chicken can be made as mild or spicy as everyone likes.
- we have a lot of Instant Pot chicken recipes here too
- If you love Campbell’s chicken and rice, make this Pressure Cooker chicken and rice
- or a creamy Instant Pot chicken and rice casserole for a hearty meal
I’ve made this in my RV too because it’s so easy. You can use fresh or canned chicken, whatever you have works really.
Now if you didn’t see our other months, you can check out our August Instant Pot recipes too. These can of course be added into your months meal planning. From super cheap Instant Pot recipes like tortilla soup and pressure cooker salsa chicken. We even share how to make donuts too, they’re sure to please.
If you’re looking for some sliders, try our sweet Asian style Instant Pot pulled pork!
Let me share a few Instant Pot side dishes we have really enjoyed this time of year.
- For breakfast you’ve got to try some Instant Pot jam with any berries you like.
- I guarantee if you make breakfast for dinner some night you’ll be loved
- Our Instant Pot cheesy bacon potatoes go great with a whole chicken.
- Pressure cooker vegetables are always an easy choice to pair with anything.
- just use our Instant Pot vegetable cook times chart to see how long to cook each one
- But the best one is probably our cheesy Instant Pot cauliflower.
Ok now let’s talk about a few Instant Pot dessert recipes for this month.
I don’t “bake” a lot in my pressure cooker but things like an easy Instant Pot dump cake turn out pretty darn great.
- Instant Pot brownies are the bomb!! Like flourless chocolate cake they’re fun to make with peanut butter inside.
- Making a pressure cooker pineapple upside down cake is easy.
- I have yet to use the yogurt maker function, but this one looks easy.
- Our Instant Pot version of peach cobbler was super fantastic as well.
Make sure to check out our October Instant Pot recipes next!
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉