This is how to turn an Instant Pot into an air fryer AND pressure cooker!! With this Instant Crisp lid you can now brown your food right in your pot!
This is a Game Changer y’all!! If you’ve been waiting to figure out how to turn an Instant Pot into an air fryer this is it!! Instant Crisp Technology now gives you the ability to brown your meat right after pressure cooking. NO need to put it into the oven under the broiler anymore!! Special thanks goes out to Mealthy for sending this lid to me so I could share my review with you. (affiliate links present)
This CrispLid is how to turn an Instant Pot into an air fryer!!
Let me share my thoughts on this CrispLid with you after making some air fryer pork chops this afternoon.
This is NOT just for the Instant Pot either! It fits on Crock Pot Express and Mealthy 6 and 8 quart pressure cookers too!!
This is what it looks like when you get yours!
Since it is so new you can pre order your Instant Crisp lid here and it will be sent out at the end of June. I wanted to share my thoughts with you before then though so you can see just how it works, and see whether I’d recommend it after my trials.
- I will tell you that I have been waiting for something like this for years!!
I’ve created over 100+ Instant Pot recipes and the one thing that was missing was the browning element. Cooking a whole chicken in a pressure cooker is fabulous because it cooks so fast. BUT having to transfer it into a baking dish and waiting for the oven to heat up is another step I’d rather skip!
NOW you can do it all in one pot!!
This is what the Mealthy air fryer lid comes with:
- Air fryer basket
- Instant-Crisp lid
- Silicone mat to set hot lid on
- Super handy to have when you’re taking it off to check on your food
- CrispLid Recipes book
This is the first thing I tried, breaded pork chops! I altered the recipe they provided inside the box a bit but overall it was great.
This is basically how it works.
- First of all, it fits on all pressure cooker brands that are either a 6 or 8 quart size!!
- So whether you have a Crockpot Express, Mealthy or Instant Pot the Mealthy Crisp Lid will work!!
Prepare your Instant Pot recipes as you would normally.
- Then once your pressure cooking session is over and you remove your lid, you’ll replace it with this one.
- Make sure the handle is down. (or it won’t turn on)
- Plug it in. (duh)
- Press the thermometer looking button to set the temperature.
- Next press the clock button and use the – and + to set the time.
- The Play looking button at the bottom turns it on.
- You’re air frying in your Instant Pot now!
If you need to stop it at any point you can press the button with the square.
It was VERY easy to figure out. The only “huh” I had was when I first used it it didn’t turn on right away. I figured out it was because the handle wasn’t all the way down. So remember that tip.
- I compare this to my Ninja Foodi and think it is a great option if you aren’t interested in buying a new machine. This allows those who have owned their pressure cooker for quite some time, but want to add the air fryer technology, to do just that for a fraction of the price.
You can use it just for making air fryer recipes too though!!
SO if you’ve been waiting for something like this to arrive too it is here!!
Order yours today and I hope you love it as much as we have!
This CrispLid chicken turned out amazing in just 32 minutes total, including air frying to get crispy skin.
I have made something similar to this before, my Ninja Foodi chicken.
- I would say the two are very similar.
The plus to this one is it is not attached to the actual machine and it is cheaper than buying a whole new machine!
I share more of a CrispLid review with you here, and you can see a video/recipe of how I made this chicken below!