This is how to make Instant Pot grits right at home! Easy recipe and step by step direction to make savory pressure cooker grits for breakfast or as a side dish. Cheesy grits are a favorite dish for many and now you can make them in no time at all using this simple recipe and instructions. Enjoy friends!
If you have this new “fancy” pressure cooker at your house you’re probably wondering how to make your favorite recipes, well I have an easy way to make Instant Pot grits right at home now! If you make homemade grits already but are using the stovetop this method of pressure cooker grits is so much quicker and you can use your own tried and true favorite recipe to make it too. Everyone has their own favorite ingredients to make this classic Southern dish so please stick to yours and just use this post to see how long you cook it for, and what pot to use. If you haven’t made it before but have always wanted to I will include an easy grits recipe below you may use too. Your choice. 😉 One of our favorite new Instant Pot recipes here on The Typical Mom you can now enjoy.
There are so many different recipes when it comes to grits. Not only are the recipes different but what you add inside varies a lot, it really comes down to personal preference.
I like cheesy Instant Pot grits with butter and some chives. Others prefer no cheese but with some bacon. Whether you like them loaded up, simple, thick, or creamier hopefully this post will help you understand how to make them in your pressure cooker so you can enjoy them more often, and quicker the next time you make them and thereafter. 😉
This is what you’ll need to make these easy Instant Pot grits
- This pan that fits inside your Instant Pot – 6 or 8 qt
- Grits – this is what we use
- Add ins
- Shredded cheese
- Bacon bits
- The list goes on and on
Here is a printable version of how to make Instant Pot grits if you prefer to have it on hand.
After you’ve tried these you should have our Instant Pot oatmeal with apples and cinnamon the next morning!
Instant Pot Grits
- 1 c grits
- 4 tbsp butter more or less depending on taste, some when done on top
- 1 c cheese or more, I like more
- 2.5 c water
- 1 c milk 2% or whole is best, more if you want it thinner
- Put 2 c water inside your Instant Pot with a trivet.
- Add your grits, water, 2 tbsp melted butter, and salt and pepper if desired in your smaller pot that will go on your trivet, stir and cover with foil.
- Make a sling and lower this pot down on to your trivet.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to manual, pressure, high for 15 minutes.
- Do a quick release and carefully lift pot out and uncover.
- Add in your cheese, stir until melted. Then add your milk 1/2 c at a time until it reaches the consistency you desire.
- If you want to add a lot of milk transfer these grits to a larger bowl to add more milk and stir in, serve!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉