This easy Instant Pot chocolate cake with raspberry sauce recipe is so amazing you won’t want to share! The moistest cake ever and only takes 35 minutes!
Yes I call this an Instant Pot chocolate cake but really it tastes like the moistest flourless chocolate cake you’ve ever had (but it does have flour in it). Baked right in your little pressure cooker it locks all the flavor in and comes out dense with a deep chocolate flavor. Definitely one of our favorite dessert Instant Pot recipes. (originally published 9/17)
I like to use dark chocolate cocoa powder for a really deep flavor but you could use traditional unsweetened cocoa powder too.
Whether you call it a brownie, a cake, or just a slice of heaven I guarantee you won’t want to share this Instant Pot dessert and everyone in your house will want to help you finish it!!
I have a 6 qt. Instant Pot and make quite a few Instant Pot desserts in it.
To make this Instant Pot chocolate cake you will need:
- 6″ springform pan you see here
- parchment paper inserts (helps you lift it out in 1 piece, highly recommended)
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- raspberry jam – what I used for the topping, just warmed it
I actually forgot to use one of my parchment paper inserts on this batch and it was okay but it is much easier to lift the cake out and make sure it doesn’t fall apart when transferring it to a plate with them.
I first made these pressure cooker peanut butter filled brownies and altered it just a bit to make this cake here.
Like I said it doesn’t turn out like a traditional cake that will rise in the oven, it is more dense than that and quite frankly 100% more delicious!!
Of course the raspberry sauce is optional and all I did was warm up some fresh raspberry jam I bought and poured it on top with a sprinkle of some powdered sugar to pretty it up!
If you’ve had a flourless fudgy like cake before it has the consistency and flavor of that!!
It’s dense and has an immense punch of chocolate flavor in every bite.
Even though it is small it is so rich that it’s perfect cut into fourths for us to enjoy.
After you’re done enjoying this here are a few other favorite chocolate recipes we have!
- Better than sex cake – the name says it all, you’ve gotta’ try this!
- Pressure cooker chocolate lava cake – similar to this but gooier and with cherries
- Instant Pot chocolate pudding cake – yep, you use pudding in it!
Here’s the printable Instant Pot chocolate cake with raspberry sauce recipe.
Instant Pot Chocolate Cake
- 5 tbsp butter softened
- 1 c sugar
- 3/4 c flour
- 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c raspberry jam
- Mix dry ingredients together well.
- In another bowl blend together your eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Pour into dry mixture and blend well, it will be thick.
- Pour 1 1/2 c. water into the bottom of your Instant Pot, place a trivet at the bottom of your pot.
- Spray your springform pan with non stick spray, Lay your parchment paper insert inside (if you're using one).
- Spoon your batter into your springform pan.
- Cover pan with foil.
- Place pan on top of your trivet inside your Instant Pot. (easiest to make a sling so you can lift it back out easily)
- Close the lid and steam valve and set to manual, pressure, high, for 35 minutes.
- Allow to naturally release pressure.
- Carefully lift pan out of your Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
- Quickly take off foil so water residue on top doesn't empty on to your cake.
- Allow to cool and settle for at least 10 minutes.
- Undo lock on side of springform pan to release the cake from the pan. Lift cake out carefully using side handles on your parchment paper insert.
- Warm jam in microwave for 1 minute and pour on top. Serve!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉