Best Thanksgiving sides to serve next to your main dish this year! Easy Thanksgiving side dishes including vegetables, stuffing, & everything in between.
Of course we know Thanksgiving is synonymous with turkey, but personally I think Thanksgiving side dishes are almost as good (maybe better) than the bird itself. Here are some of the best side dish recipes! (originally published 10/16, affiliate links present)
Thanksgiving is all about nibbling for me. Snacking before the meal, eating a little bit of this and a little bit of that….topped off with some dessert after that….and then a nap!! I like easy too though, and like to use a few different machines besides my oven so everything can stay warm until served. Follow along for how to do just that.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
And be automatically signed up for our free newsletter too!
Thanksgiving Side Dishes
Let’s start with some green bean casserole in an Instant Pot and pair that with some air fryer sweet potato cubes as side dishes. I mean these are often a given and can’t be skipped. You might prefer to mash your taters but you should try to change it up year to year and see if you like cubed or sliced better.
Holiday Side Dishes
Then whip up this sparkling cranberry sangria mocktail or cocktail for the adults. Make another mocktail choice for the kiddos like sparkling cider or this pink punch recipe for them to enjoy all day long. Then….. choose a few below to pair with your main dish
- This is the most amazing stuffing recipe we call Thanksgiving Stuffing!
- Best baked green beans recipe is here
- Along with how to cook easy brussel sprouts in the oven
- Easy potatoes au gratin are cheesy and delicious
- Sweet potato casserole with marshmallows of course
- Acorn squash is a good healthy choice
- Loaded Potato Pancakes or latkas are something different
- Air fryer beets come out amazing and tender as you love them
Vegetable Side Dishes
Of course the traditional batch of creamy mashed potatoes must be made for your Thanksgiving table, but try something new this year too! Add cheese to them this year, or a dollop of sour cream with your butter. We love loaded twice stuffed potatoes as an alternative too.
- Easy au grautin potatoes is a standard year to year for us.
- You are going to love this easy version of Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe with Canned Yams
- The Best Deviled Eggs are here to enjoy, and again a must have at our gatherings.
- Roasted cauliflower in an air fryer can save space in the oven
- Buttery Rolls are better than store bought for sure
- Brussels with Mustard and Shallots adds a bold flavor to an otherwise boring side
- Baked brussel sprouts and cauliflower cook well together to get nice and fork tender
Want something on the cooler side to serve? Try some blue cheese coleslaw! Gives a normal dish a punch of flavor and a real wow. It is nice to have a few options that aren’t warm or hot for sure. Cools down your mouth and gives your plate a bit more texture than just everything being soft.
Unique Thanksgiving Sides
You can cook a bunch of different Crockpot side dishes too. This is a huge help because you can’t always fit everything in your oven and have it cooked at the same time. Like I said, use a few different machines so it can all stay warm and you have room for it all to cook.
- Slow Cooker Cornbread and Sausage Stuffing is a great choice in this respect
- Quinoa and Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms is a fun starter and snack before the main meal comes around
- Easy Beer Bread is mine and always requested with a spinach dip, great served at a brunch.
- Our air fryer spaghetti squash rocks if you need to offer a gluten free or low carb option to guests
- Garlic Herb Roasted Potatoes brings a bold flavor to an otherwise bland dish
- Easy cranberry sauce with orange recipe is made on the stovetop, win, and adds a citrus punch
Bundt pan stuffing is so much prettier than just serving it as a big lump in a bowl right? It is all about presentation during the holidays right??
Top 10 Thanksgiving Sides
I mean this would be different depending on whom you asked but typically you would want to include potatoes of a few varieties, a fruit of some sort, a few different vegetables and something sweet.
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce
- Southern Style Squash Casserole Recipe
- Strawberry Kale Salad
- Cheesy scalloped potatoes
If you want to free up your oven but still want tons of Thanksgiving sides, have a ton of Instant Pot Thanksgiving recipes that will help.
- Want something fun for dessert? Make these turkey leg treats!
Aaaaaand when the Thanksgiving Day dinner is over and you go home with leftover turkey you MUST make these leftover turkey dumplings!
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!