This asparagus casserole recipe is great! A cheesy casserole that is great with leftover ham inside, the perfect breakfast casserole to start the morning.
If you’re looking for a casserole for Christmas morning, a leftover ham casserole idea or something to make for brunch for your family this asparagus casserole recipe is perfect for all of the above. We love breakfast casseroles. I can throw them together and enjoy a hearty meal using items in my fridge that need to be cooked, and I love using leftovers from the night before too. This and others added to our long list of quick and easy casseroles for you to enjoy.
Who doesn’t love asparagus??!!
Even if they weren’t in season you can swap it out for something else like broccoli,.This breakfast bake is very versatile like that.
- On to our asparagus casserole recipe you should make this week!
Using leftover ham from my crockpot ham recipe I made the other night I thought I’d throw it into an egg and cheese casserole and see how it would turn out, it was so yummy.
- I love having a few brunch menu ideas on hand, especially during the holidays. This asparagus casserole recipe is one of our favorite leftover ham recipes.
I know Thanksgiving is all about turkey but if you have family from out of town or are a bunch who likes to start early in the morning and spend all day together you will need something hearty to get y’all thru the day until the big meal is ready to eat.
We don’t want anyone to get hangry now……
We love this asparagus casserole recipe, but here are a few other great brunch recipes you can add to your buffet this year along with this asparagus casserole recipe.
- Breakfast bundt cake
- Savory breakfast muffins
- Crockpot breakfast casserole recipe
- Instant Pot breakfast casserole
This is what it looks like when it is done…perfect especially if you make it in a pretty casserole dish you can just set it out as is for serving.
Asparagus casserole recipe
- Asparagus – could opt for broccoli florets if necessary
Here’s the printable recipe too.
Asparagus Casserole Recipe
- Grease casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Slice butter into small pieces and place into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle garlic and onions on top of butter. Place pan into a cooled oven and preheat to 350. (Remove pan when preheating is finished)
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and whisk well. Add milk and whisk well.
- Stir in spices. Add ham, asparagus, mushrooms and 1/2 cup cheese and mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and return to oven for an additional 5 minutes
- When you remove the casserole from the oven, it will be very puffy. Let set for 5 minutes as it settles. Slice to serve.