We all love to vacation, and we really love great family travel destinations where we all have a fantastic time together!! Of course it’s fun to get away together one on one but I attribute the close relationship I have with my children, and they have with one another, to the frequent vacations we’ve taken together. Family resorts are great because they not only focus on the adults staying there, but create an atmosphere that kids love too! We have stayed in some of the best family resorts and look forward to adding new ones to our list and memories. Here are a few we’ve all enjoyed and want to show you why they’re so great. 😉
So not all resorts are the same…obviously. That is why it is so fun to visit many different ones because each one has a lot to offer that the others may not. From the most luxurious to a more rural atmosphere where horse back riding and zip lining are offered, we have loved each and every one for different reasons and can’t wait to visit them again (and add more to our list year after year)! Here are a few of our favorites, as well as a few family friendly resorts our friends have stayed and have enjoyed too.
- Zion Ponderosa Resort – Located just outside the North entrance of Zion National Park, this resort offers SO many things (in a mountainous setting). They have a variety of cabins from very small to large enough to accommodate several families, up to 34 people, and each stay includes a free buffet breakfast for everyone! They have tons of hiking trails, a pool, ping pong and pool tables as well as tons of other activities you can do which you buy tickets for, they include:
- Horseback riding
- ATV rides
- Zip lining
- Rock wall
- Large trampoline
- Miniature golf course
- Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Resort & Spa – Located in Scottsdale, AZ. this resort and spa is ALL inclusive and gorgeous! They have a spa, several pools, a large lake with ducks, fire pits to roast s’mores at night, conference rooms (available for weddings), and their Gold Lounge is amazing! Each time we stayed we had access to their lounge which includes breakfast buffet for everyone in your party, open all day to get beverages and a dessert buffet in the evenings too….and by the way the staff there makes you feel like royalty! 😉 If you’re looking for a family friendly hotel that includes luxury this is it. They also offer a variety of other activities during Christmas time!
- Arizona Grand Resort – Located in Phoenix, AZ this hotel offers a waterpark right on their grounds! With a REALLY tall slide, a lazy river, wave pool, volleyball area in a large pool, and food served right there at your lounge chair it is one of my kids’ favorite family resorts. The rooms are spacious offering a bedroom that is connected to a large living area with room for more people to sleep, and a door in between (my kids took over the front room so they could have a sleepover together “alone”). It was nice to be able to just walk to the waterpark for the day and head back when someone needed a nap. 😉
- Great Wolf Lodge – We have stayed there twice at the Southern California location and it definitely makes for a fabulous family vacation! Everything is there for you all under one roof, no need to drive anywhere the entire time you are together. The waterpark is fun for all ages, including adults, and there are lots of other activities like mini golf, bowling and more you can do together as a family.
- Summer Bay Orlando resort had a lot of things for families and kids to do! Gaylord Resort is featured as well which is beautiful with an outside water park area and spa amenities.
- Here are some of the best vacation spots for kids from past years that aren’t resorts per say but have been really fun and created great memories for us!
Here are a few other family friendly resorts my friend’s have stayed at and love:
- Taos Ski Resort – New Mexico
- Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch – Texas
- Tahiti Village Resort – Nevada
- Basin Harbor Club – Vermont
- Universal Orlando Resort – Florida
We do love to be pampered a bit, but we also love traveling outside of the resorts we’ve visited and visiting the great outdoors. Here are a few National Parks we’ve visited on our way to or from these resorts where we made lots of memories.
For more easy recipes, tips and family travel tips please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉