These pumpkin pie hand pies are seriously SO good and super easy to make!! Our favorite pumpkin pie dessert every Fall, you’ve got to try these!
As soon as October hits I am all about everything pumpkin!! If you’re anything like me you do too and you want it to be EASY to make. These pumpkin pie hand pies are great!! You only need a few ingredients which is a huge win in my book. They are inexpensive to make and a quick sort of pumpkin pie recipe too. (10/16 originally published, affiliate links present)
- Everything is better mini sized anyway right??
We bake muffin tin recipes a lot. For desserts and dinners, they make every meal fun! Here’s how you make these pumpkin pie hand pies at home. We have a video below too.
I am sure this season you have a can of pumpkin puree in your cupboard so just grab that
- I used premade refrigerated pie crust
- brown sugar
- a round cookie cutter
- melt frosting for glaze
- or mix powdered sugar and milk or heavy cream to make a “homemade” version
- parchment paper is great for a quick clean up
The kids can help you with this one too which is fun to get them involved in baking an easy Fall dessert. Here is the printable recipe.
Pumpkin pie hand pies
Aren’t these fun pumpkin desserts??!! Here’s a quick tutorial showing you just how easy they are to make.
Perfect for gifting, bringing to a party, or just for dessert at your house. Pumpkin pie is our absolute favorite during this time of year!
If you too are a bit obsessed with pumpkin everything and loved the idea of these easy pumpkin pie hand pies you’ve got to try our easy pumpkin monkey bread too, it’s incredible!
Here are the basic steps to follow:
- I used premade pie crust, you could make your own.
- Make sure it is room temperature and roll it out.
- Use a biscuit cutter to make large circles, then place on parchment lined baking sheet
- Mix pumpkin pie filling ingredients in a bowl
- Put filling into the center, then crimp the edges of each one to make pumpkin hand pies. Can use fork to seal edges too.
- Put a small slit on top of the pie crust pieces
- Brush with a bit of an egg wash if you want tops to be shiny.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until tops are brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar and sprinkle with cinnamon and/or pumpkin spice when done
Takes about 25 minutes to prep and bake these. That is quick for a great pumpkin recipe for the holidays.
Pumpkin pie hand pies
- Mix all filling ingredients in a bowl. Use cookie cutters to cut pie dough into circles. Add a tbsp. of mixture to middle of pie crust circles. Use finger to put water around edge of circles to secure top to bottom.
- Put top of pie crust on top and push down slightly on edges to secure them together.
- Cut two small slits on top of pies. Put into preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 15-20 min. or until top is light brown.
- Once cooled combine milk and powdered sugar together and drizzle over the top for a glaze.
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉