This easy chili bean recipe is a quick and hearty dinner with just enough spice for everyone! Three bean vegetarian chili we love in just 20 minutes flat.
If you love chili like we do you may want to broaden the ways you’ve made it thus far and try something a bit different. This easy chili bean recipe is quick to throw together and can even simmer in your crockpot all day if you’d prefer that over making it over the stovetop. We make our 5 ingredient crockpot chili recipe all the time but this one is a close second now! It’s an inexpensive yet healthy chili recipe that is great served over rice with some cheese sprinkled on top (how my kids love it).
We make chili on a weekly basis and like to make it different ways, but usually stick to this basic chili recipe and swap out beans or other ingredients to mix it up a bit…but the base pretty much remains the same.
You can throw a pound of cooked ground beef in too if you want it to be really hearty or leave it vegetarian chili as you see here. Either way it is really yummy and perfect for lunch the next day too.
Throw everything into a large pot on the stovetop, simmer, and serve it with a side of bread! It’s a warm meal that is perfect during the winter time of course, but we make chili year round because it’s so inexpensive and all 5 of us love it.
Win win all the way around.
If you’re a busy mom like me you are always looking for easy recipes that everyone will love.
With several kids going in different directions it is hard to find much more than 30 minutes to cook a tasty dinner so I have a lot of quick meal ideas on The Typical Mom just for families like ours!
Looking for more chili recipes?
What you need to make this Easy Chili Bean Recipe
- Ground beef
- Diced tomatoes
- Whole peeled tomatoes
- Pinto, kidney and black beans
- Diced chiles
Easy Chili Bean Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef optional
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes break up large pcs.
- 1 can corn (drained, or 1.5 c. fresh kernels)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can pinto beans drained
- 1 can kidney beans drained
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 3 tsp jalapeno diced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 can diced chiles canned
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp salt
- Brown ground beef if you choose to add it.
- Add olive oil, garlic, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, chiles and spices. Simmer on low until softened.
- Add drained cans of beans, corn, and cans of tomatoes.
- Simmer on stovetop for at least 20 minutes on low to meld flavors. Serve topped with cheese with a side of bread.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉