This is how to make cold foam for coffee homemade to top your favorite cold or frozen coffee drinks and refreshers! Starbucks copycat sweet cream foam recipe with 4 ingredients. Quick and cheap to make from scratch.
Making Sweet cream foam at home is delicious on all sorts of your favorite iced coffee drinks!! Whether you love our Homemade Peppermint Frappuccino or prefer a classic cold brew you would make it the same. The best thing about this basic recipe is that you can froth in any flavor you like too! (affiliate links present)
Sweet Cream Cold Foam
Ok so since we are nearing the holidays the latest creation this was paired with was with out Homemade Pumpkin Frappuccino! Blended with ice to make sort of a coffee slushee of sorts it has been fun to change up the flavors on that one to make a treat that is WAY cheaper than buying one from Starbucks.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
And be automatically signed up for our free newsletter too!
In the morning we will make a loaf of Healthy Coffee Cake and together they just start my day off right. Having a party or a few guests coming over? Make a larger batch easily in a bowl, we will show you that below. Best if enjoyed right away on top of your glass full of YUM it is easy enough to whisk together in just 2 minutes!
Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam
Ok so many just want this to serve on top of their Cold Brew, that is wonderful I agree. There are tips and tricks to making the best base drink though, so let’s start off with that to begin with. If the bottom isn’t cold enough you will not be SUPER happy with the overall results so let’s go over that now.
How to Make Sweet Cream Cold Foam
Making iced coffee or Dalgona Whipped Coffee at home is not only cost effective but also allows you to customize it to your taste preferences. Let’s go over how to do it the right way before continuing on to the top featured in the recipe card below.
How to Make Iced Coffee
You can use this over iced or hot drinks too, it’s great either way.
- Start by brewing a pot of coffee using your preferred coffee grounds and water. You can use a drip coffee maker, French press, or Keurig which will only make 1 cup at a time (you will need more tha 1 for perfection)
- Allow it to cool to room temperature. You can speed up the process by placing it in the refrigerator.
- #1 tip – Make coffee ice cubes!! Use an old fashioned ice cube tray to pour your liquid in 3/4 of the way full. Place flat in your freezer overnight ideally to harden completely.
- Fill a glass with your prepped ice cubes. If you like your iced coffee on the sweeter side, you can add sweetener at this stage.
- Pour cooled coffee over the top in your glass with some room at the top for this vanilla foam!!
You can see how we used a bowl when we made this cold foam at home for a bunch of people. If making individually or just doubled I would just use a mason jar. A smaller container will have less room in it so the frother can really do it’s job and poof it up to the ultimate fluffiness. 😉
Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam Calories
Of course there will be variations to the overall calories depending on which Coffee Drink Recipe you serve this over for one. The amount you add too will make a difference and some brands will vary a bit on fat content too. For the most part though you can see how many is in each ounce serving below in the recipe card.
- You will want an electric milk frother for best results. If you don’t want to buy something you CAN use a fast wrist and a regular whisk but it won’t be as poofy. An immersion blender would be the best second option if you have one of those.
- Low fat skim milk or nonfat milk – we aren’t counting calories here friends but do want it frothy so it needs to be light
- Heavy cream and milk is used to thicken it up to become more like a thick whipped cream, closer to Cool Whip consistency. Heavy cream can be used as an alternative
- Vanilla extract, vanilla flavor syrup or your choice of simple syrup like for Fall Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam is great
- Sugar to sweeten but not completely necessary if you are served over sweet cold brew coffee or something. You can find store bought sugar free sweeteners too if needed too
Copycat Starbucks Foam
They both contains at least 36% milk fat whipping is a bit higher between 36 – 40%. Due to its higher fat content and ability to hold its shape when whipped, heavy is the preferred choice for making it thicker if you like, more frothy choose the other.
You likely first tried this on an iced drink, probably on a Starbucks drink. It is not just great on coffee either friends. I order it when I am out on top of a Vente pineapple refresher with water and this on top. Makes it seriously taste just like a dole whip!! You should try it on this and other cold drinks as well so you know what I mean. Ok so to get started you are going to need;
Starbucks Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam Recipe
You can get creative with your copycat Starbucks cold foam by experimenting with different flavorings. My favorite is the first one listed on just about any drink out there. For another tropical flare I have tried pineapple too. Go with what you love and give it a try with different bases. Here are a few ideas:
Flavored Cold Foam for Coffee
- Mix in a bit of cocoa powder or chocolate syrup like our Peppermint Chocolate Cream Cold Foam to create a mocha flavored foam that pairs perfectly with drinks at the end of the day for sure.
- Adding a touch of coconut extract or syrup to the cream and sweetener mixture for a delightful foam shown below
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon or a dash of cinnamon syrup into the mixture for a warm and spicy flavor.
- Infuse the milk with a lavender syrup and a drizzle of honey for a unique and aromatic foam.
Pair this with one of our delicious treats for dessert if you want to. We have many on our site but the most decadent would be this Chocolate Coffee Cake for sure.
Now that you know how to make this sweet cream cold brew at home, you can elevate your coffee game with this luxurious and versatile topping. Whether you prefer a simple iced coffee or a fancier cold brew, a layer of cold cream foam adds that extra touch of indulgence and creativity to your coffee creations.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
How to Make Cold Foam for Coffee
- 1 mason jar or glass
- 1 frother
- 1 Spoon
- Add all ingredients into a jar, swirl it around to combine. Use your handheld frother into the jar moving it up and down for 20-30 seconds until it thickens to resemble frothy whipped cream.
- Use a spoon to scoop it out and transfer on to the top of your iced drink.