Super easy lasagna casserole recipe that is my kids’ favorite meal! No big messy noodles to cut, just throw it all together and enjoy all the same flavors together.
Of course we have all made lasagna, and we’ve made casseroles…but have you made them together like this cheesy and easy lasagna casserole recipe??!! Well, I hadn’t but since I’ve been all about quick and easy casseroles nowadays I thought why not! (originally published 3/17)
It had to be good, and a lot easier to make than the traditional recipe since I wouldn’t be messing with long slippery noodles that always tore when I tried to make it look pretty. This way I could mix up all the ingredients that make lasagna taste so good, throw it in a casserole dish and top it with lots of cheese (there is never enough).
If your looking for a cheesy casserole your family will love this is a great one.
So I’ve deconstructed this traditional Italian meal and made enchilada lasagna, which was a hit, and for years I made this easy crockpot lasagna recipe that everyone just loved. That too was much easier than how I had made it in the past since you didn’t have to boil the noodles but I really like bite sized noodles (and they’re easier with kids) so I used a box of penne pasta this time.
I boiled them as usual, mixed it all up in a large pot, and then poured it all in my favorite casserole dish here and popped it in the oven to really meld the flavor together, it turned out so yummy and just like lasagna!
Easy Lasagna Casserole
- Spaghetti saucec
- Noodles – we used penne
- Cottage cheese
- Sour cream
- Sausage – hot sausage roll is great
If you love this idea but want to make it really really quick you can make this pressure cooker lasagna casserole too!
Easy Lasagna Casserole
- Boil noodles as usual in a pot, drain and set aside.
- In another pot cook your sausage, then add onions and cook until sausage is no longer pink and onions soften a bit.
- Add your spaghetti sauce, turn heat to low. Stir.
- Add all other ingredients into your pot except 1 c. of mozzarella cheese (that will be used at the end to top your casserole).
- Stir and add your cooked and drained noodles. Stir, pour into 9x12 casserole dish (I spray with non stick spray beforehand).
- Put aluminum foil on top of dish and cook for 30 minutes at 350 degrees just until it bubbles.
- Take foil off, sprinkle last cup of cheese on top and put back in for 5 minutes. Serve!
I tend to under season a bit when I cook (husband has blood pressure on the higher side), so if you like it really seasoned you might want to add a bit more seasoning and/or salt, or just sprinkle a bit on the top once you taste it but we love this easy lasagna casserole recipe as it is here!
If you love this easy dinner idea you should try our chicken tortilla bake too.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉