Super lazy and easy lasagna casserole recipe that is my kids’ favorite meal! No big messy noodles to cut, just throw it all together and enjoy all the same flavors together.
Of course we have all made lasagna, and we’ve made casseroles…but have you made them together like this cheesy and easy lasagna casserole recipe??!! Well, I hadn’t but since I’ve been all about quick and easy casseroles nowadays I thought why not! (originally published 3/17, affiliate links present)
Lazy Lasagna Casserole
It had to be good, and a lot easier to make than the traditional recipe since I wouldn’t be messing with long slippery noodles that always tore when I tried to make it look pretty. This way I could mix up all the ingredients that make lasagna taste so good, throw it in a casserole dish and top it with lots of cheese (there is never enough).
If your looking for a cheesy casserole your family will love this is a great one. You can use any sort of medium size noodles you want. I just use whatever brand and/or style are on sale since it really doesn’t matter.
That too was much easier than how I had made it in the past since you didn’t have to boil the noodles but I really like bite sized noodles (and they’re easier with kids) so I used a box of penne pasta this time.
I boiled them as usual, mixed it all up in a large pot, and then poured it all in my favorite casserole dish here and popped it in the oven to really meld the flavor together, it turned out so yummy and just like lasagna!
Lazy Lasagna with Ricotta
- Spaghetti sauce
- Noodles – we used penne
- Cottage cheese
- Sour cream
Use whatever type of ground meat you want, or go for vegetarian. Sausage – spicy Jimmy Dean sausage roll is great and packed with flavor (with a little heat).
Easy Lasagna Casserole with Ricotta Cheese
I tend to under season a bit when I cook (husband has blood pressure on the higher side), so if you like it really seasoned you might want to add a bit more seasoning and/or salt, or just sprinkle a bit on the top once you taste it but we love this easy lasagna casserole recipe as it is here!
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Easy Lasagna Casserole
- Boil noodles as usual in a pot, drain and set aside.
- In another pot cook your sausage, then add onions and cook until sausage is no longer pink and onions soften a bit.
- Add your spaghetti sauce, turn heat to low. Stir.
- Add all other ingredients into your pot except 1 c. of mozzarella cheese (that will be used at the end to top your casserole).
- Stir and add your cooked and drained noodles. Stir, pour into 9×12 casserole dish (I spray with non stick spray beforehand).
- Put aluminum foil on top of dish and cook for 30 minutes at 350 degrees just until it bubbles.
- Take foil off, sprinkle last cup of cheese on top and put back in for 5 minutes. Serve!