This chicken tortilla bake casserole is amazing!! My kids favorite cheesy casserole packed with chicken, chiles, and quick to throw together!
This. Is. Amazing. You know when it’s chilly outside and you just have casserole on your mind. It just takes you back to your childhood, at least it does for me. A cheesy chicken tortilla bake casserole is what you need. It’s one of our favorite quick and easy casseroles. 😉 Sponsored by Tyson Foods. (originally published 2/17)
Easy Chicken Casserole
A casserole to me means that you can really add in as many goodies as you want, or omit a few if you don’t care for them.
Like bell peppers. At first I left them out because the kids weren’t too fond of them. Recently though I included 1/2 of one diced and they didn’t mind it.
I like to give the chicken I use a little added punch of flavor by adding some Wish-Bone Italian Dressing to the strips I cut. Then I brown them on the stovetop.
If you’ve never marinaded chicken this way it’s really easy way to “kick it up a notch”. The dressing is packed full of herbs, seasonings, and contains no high fructose corn syrup.
It’s also gluten free!
These are the 3 main items you will need to make this Chicken Tortilla Casserole.
If you’ve never used TortillaLand® Flour Tortillas they are really good. They are different though because they’re refrigerated! Yes, you cook them yourself so they last longer. Yes, talk about fresh!
You just put them in a pan for about 30 seconds on each side. They kind of puff up, and that’s when you know they are done.
Cut them up into strips with your cooked chicken. Add all your other ingredients, and you’re ready to bake!
Chicken Tortilla Casserole
- Diced chicken
- Italian dressing
- Cream of chicken soup
- Diced chiles
- Sour cream
- Bell pepper
- Diced tomatoes
You’re going to want a lot of shredded cheese too, like a lot.
So easy right??!! My kids love this casserole and there usually aren’t any leftovers for the next day. You can find everything you need at your local Walmart.
Tyson chicken is found in the meat department. Wish-Bone Italian dressing is usually amongst the condiments. And remember that TortillaLand Flour Tortillas are in the refrigerated section!
Chicken Tortilla Bake
- Then give our cheesy chicken broccoli casserole a whirl.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Chicken Tortilla Bake
- Cut chicken breasts into strips.
- Add to a bowl with your Italian dressing and coat all pieces. Drain residual dressing and add contents to pan on stovetop.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink, dice into smaller bite size pieces.
- Cook tortillas on stove top until they puff up signaling they are cooked, cut into long strips.
- Add diced chicken and tortillas into a bowl, then add all other ingredients except 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese. Stir so everything is coated.
- Add to a 9×12 casserole dish that has been sprayed so your food won’t stick.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees, take foil off and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Cook uncovered for another 10 minutes. Allow to sit when you take it out for at least 5 minutes to solidify a bit. Add chives to the top and serve!