This chicken tortilla bake casserole is amazing!! My kids favorite cheesy casserole packed with chicken, chiles, and quick to throw together!
This. Is. Amazing. You know when it’s chilly outside and you just have casserole on your mind. It just takes you back to your childhood, at least it does for me. A cheesy chicken tortilla bake casserole is what you need. It’s one of our favorite quick and easy casseroles. 😉 This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc., Circle Foods LLC, and Pinnacle Foods Group LLC. (originally published 2/17)
Our chicken tortilla bake uses chicken breasts so it’s packed with protein. Perfect dinner option when you want a super “flavorful meal”.
A casserole to me means that you can really add in as many goodies as you want, or omit a few if you don’t care for them.
Like bell peppers. At first I left them out because the kids weren’t too fond of them. Recently though I included 1/2 of one diced and they didn’t mind it. I like to give the chicken I use a little added punch of flavor by adding some Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing to the strips I cut. Then I brown them on the stovetop.
If you’ve never marinaded chicken this way it’s really easy way to “kick it up a notch”. The dressing is packed full of herbs, seasonings, and contains no high fructose corn syrup.
It’s also gluten free!
These are the 3 main items you will need to make this Chicken Tortilla Casserole.
If you’ve never used TortillaLand® Flour Tortillas they are really good. They are different though because they’re refrigerated! Yes, you cook them yourself so they last longer. Yes, talk about fresh!
You just put them in a pan for about 30 seconds on each side. They kind of puff up, and that’s when you know they are done.
Cut them up into strips with your cooked chicken. Add all your other ingredients, and you’re ready to bake!
This is what you need to make our Chicken Tortilla Bake
- Diced chicken
- Italian dressing
- Cream of chicken soup
- Diced chiles
- Sour cream
- Bell pepper
- Diced tomatoes
So easy right??!! My kids love this casserole and there usually aren’t any leftovers for the next day. You can find everything you need at your local Walmart. Tyson chicken is found in the meat department. Wish-Bone Italian dressing is usually amongst the condiments. And remember that TortillaLand Flour Tortillas are in the refrigerated section!
Easy to grab when you’re there getting other groceries and household products. I guarantee this Chicken Tortilla Bake casserole will be a hit for dinner tonight. 😉
- Then give our cheesy chicken broccoli casserole a whirl.
Chicken Tortilla Bake
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs Chicken Breasts Boneless Skinless, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup Italian Dressing
- 6 Flour Tortillas TortillaLand , cook before adding to mix
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 14 oz diced chilies
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 bell pepper diced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 c cheddar cheese
- Chives - optional
- Cut chicken breasts into strips.
- Add to a bowl with your Italian dressing and coat all pieces. Drain residual dressing and add contents to pan on stovetop.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink, dice into smaller bite size pieces.
- Cook tortillas on stove top until they puff up signaling they are cooked, cut into long strips.
- Add diced chicken and tortillas into a bowl, then add all other ingredients except 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese. Stir so everything is coated.
- Add to a 9x12 casserole dish that has been sprayed so your food won't stick.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees, take foil off and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Cook uncovered for another 10 minutes. Allow to sit when you take it out for at least 5 minutes to solidify a bit. Add chives to the top and serve!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉