Here’s are 2 free Thanksgiving word search printables for grade schoolers! Shaped like a turkey and with a key at the bottom feel free to print as you’d like.
I love word searches, especially around the holidays. Whether you’re a Teacher or parent looking to keep the kiddos busy. This Thanksgiving word search is perfect for the Fall. All school age children enjoy these Thanksgiving word search puzzles. If you want to use it over and over again I will give you a great way of doing that too! Added to our long list of free holiday printables it’s a fave amongst my girls too. (originally published 8/16, affiliate links present)
So I am a former teacher, turned stay at home mom, turned full time blogger. I think I always have that teacher mode in me though. The organized side of me I just can’t kick, and I’ve always been pretty cheap so anything free is a big win for me. Especially for teachers who have to finance a lot of those “extra” activities in the classroom to make things fun during the holidays.
- I’m here for you!!
Over the years I have created many free word search printables for every season, Bingo games for the holidays, and I’m here to share them all with you so that’s one less thing you need to spend money on to make your dollar stretch a lot further when you want to do something special for your kids.
I love reusing whenever possible, this Thanksgiving word search is no exception. This is how I printed one set and reused them year after year.
- Just print this Turkey Thanksgiving Word Search, and/or this Mayflower free Thanksgiving word search, as many as you’d need so every child gets one.
- Slide each one inside a sheet protector
- Give each child a wet erase marker to find the Thanksgiving themed words.
- Enjoy the activity, this holiday word search is perfect if you have centers going on
- Give each child a wet wipe to erase their marks
- Store away to use again the next year!
Even if you don’t necessarily reuse this word search it makes this activity even more fun when they can “magically” make their marks go away. The hidden words to find are at the bottom and appropriate for the holiday.
- If you have Thanksgiving vocabulary words of your own, you can create your own here! They’re great activities year round.
If you’re looking for more free and fun Thanksgiving activities for kids, here are some we like:
- Here are lots of easy Thanksgiving crafts
- Free printable Thanksgiving Bingo
- Free coloring Thanksgiving placemats
- Get in the kitchen together and make this easy party punch recipe, and bake some easy pumpkin desserts
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉