This is how to clean your microwave naturally using just 2 things you probably already have at home. This takes less than 10 minutes to do and there is no scrubbing involved to make your microwave squeaky clean and pretty. Additional easy kitchen cleaning tips here too.
Some appliances get neglected when it comes to cleaning and my microwave is one of them. We must use it at least twice a day but scrubbing and scrubbing the yuck off is time consuming. I’d so rather be doing something else! Let me show you a trick I found and how to clean your microwave naturally that takes just minutes. (originally published 1/16, affiliate links present)
So cleaning isn’t my favorite thing to do. When I find an easy and natural way to clean things though I’m much more likely to do it on a more regular basis.
How to Clean Your Microwave
Looking for some easy microwave recipes? We have the answer! Whether you are traveling in an RV, need to cook in a hotel room or just want to cook food quickly we can help. Here are a few resources to get started;
FIRST – sign up for our free newsletter here! I publish new posts each and every day and that will be sent out twice a week for you to read and try them all!
- Here are my favorite microwave safe dishes with lids to use, plastic is no good.
- Cook times may vary slightly if you have a very small unit with less than 1000 watts.
- Remember to use pot holders to remove food from inside as it may be very hot when done cooking.
- Above is what my microwave oven looked like when we first moved into our new home before cleaning it. I found this easy way to clean it naturally.
I can’t be the only one with kids who aren’t the cleanest ever, and let’s just be honest. I’m usually warming up my coffee really fast and rushing out the door to get my kids. I don’t check out the inside to see if it needs to be cleaned very often either. Totally guilty.
How to Clean Your Microwave with Lemon
When I do have half a moment and realize the inside is just gross the last thing I really want to do is get myself into some weird position to scrub the corners and top of the microwave that now has stuck on, microwave hard food on it..not fun. But….here’s a trick and makes cleaning your microwave so much easier to do….and costs less than a dollar.
- You just need two things to steam clean it as I call it. There are so many lemon benefits I tell you and this is top on my list.
- 1 lemon / lemon juice squeezed
- 1/2 a cup of water or white vinegar
How to Clean out Your Microwave
Microwave for 8 minutes and then remove that bowl. You can literally just use a wet paper towel or damp cloth to wipe the yuck and grime off the microwave interior.
- With the door closed and the steam from the water it will have been loosened all of the caked on dirt and food this way. Plus it makes your kitchen smell kinda’ good too! Here’s an easy way to clean a crockpot too while you’re at it.
Remove the turntable too with oven mitts if it’s warm and wipe with a microfiber cloth to clean all of the dirty microwave to it’s core. Wipe down microwave doors easily with your deep cleaning and enjoy.
Now don’t throw away those lemon halves, the natural cleaning continues if you throw them down your garbage disposal. Run water, and turn your disposal on. It’s a great way to get the gunk off of the blades inside & sharpen them up, makes it smell good too. Nothing goes to waste cleaning two kitchen appliances for less than a buck!
How to Clean a Microwave Without Vinegar
Now that you are on a cleaning kitchen kick, here are a few more resources for you!
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!