Frozen yogurt cupcakes are SO fun and easy to make! Perfect for a healthy after school snack and they look just like cupcakes!
These are just fun!! Well, and yummy! With just 3 ingredients you can make these cute mini frozen yogurt cupcakes that your kids (and you) will love. Of course they aren’t technically cupcakes but what kid doesn’t like them, and they do resemble so why not go with calling them that. Bite sized and healthy they can be popped in your mouth as a snack or even breakfast! 😉 (originally published 10/16)
So fun right??
We eat and make a lot of pressure cooker yogurt and cereal, so the two combined seemed like a fun way to create an after school snack for my 3 girls.
Here is what you will need:
Frozen yogurt cupcakes
- Yogurt Tubes
- Annies’s Organic Berry Bunnies Cereal
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Butter (just a bit)
If you’ve never heard of or bought Annie’s Organic foods they are really tasty and have been around for quite some time, since 1989.
Their certified organic products can be found at your local natural foods market and they have dinner items too that we cook often. Their macaroni and cheese is a staple in our pantry, and a favorite after school snack.
First you’re going to crush 2 cups of Annies’s Organic Berry Bunnies Cereal (in a baggie, kids can help with this), mix with your melted butter and fill each mini muffin hole about half way full (spray with non stick spray first).
There should be exactly enough. Gently press down the cereal (base) mixture and then squeeze your Annie’s Organic Berry Patch Whole Milk Yogurt Tubes on top of that. 1 tube should fill 3-4 holes and there will probably be 1 tube left when all muffin holes are filled.
Put into your freezer for about 2 hours, pop them out, top with whipped cream and 1 fun bunny cereal piece and there you have some fun, yummy, and organic frozen yogurt cupcakes treat!
Here’s a quick rundown of how easy these are to make.
Once you’re done making these you should try our other summertime fun desserts
- frozen yogurt pops
- no bake strawberry cheesecake
- try a few of our popsicle recipes
- cupcakes in a jar are fun as well as cookie cup sundaes
- try making homemade frozen yogurt together
- candy corn parfaits are fun year round
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Frozen Yogurt Cupcakes
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 c Annie’s bunny fruity cereal, crushed
- 8 Annie’s whole milk yogurt tubes
- whipped cream
- Crush cereal in a baggie or bowl until it is a sand like texture. Melt butter and combine with cereal. Spray mini muffin pan with non stick spray. Fill each muffin hole about halfway and press down. Squeeze yogurt on top of cereal mixture until it reaches to of muffin holes. Put in freezer for at least 2 hours. Top with whipped cream and serve!