Free penny savings challenge where you can save over 600 dollars in one year just by savings pennies a day. Great way to teach kids how to save money and see it really add up. Shows you how much you’ll save with just a penny or a dime each day!
If you say saving a penny won’t amount to much look at this. In this chart it shows a fun way to create a vacation fund I like to call it by just saving 1 penny for 365 days throughout the year. Here is how it works. (originally published 2/16)
Penny savings challenge pdf
You print out the worksheet, find a container to do your savings in, and reap the reward at the end of the year! Of course this penny savings challenge could become a dime savings challenge if you want to have $6,000 at the end of the year! That would be fantastic huh?
If you have kids who have a hard time seeing the value of saving their money, this is a great way to start. Save a few cents each week and they could save almost $700. Great for adults too!
Printable penny savings challenge
- Print out this 365 penny savings challenge is a reminder to yourself that you’re committed to saving just a few cents each day.
- Then at the end of the year you will have saved $667.95. You could totally take a great family vacation with that!
- Have your kids participate with coins they find or earn by doing chores.
- Of course it won’t be a cruise, but some of our most memorable vacations were our favorite California road trips .
- We’ve camped in various locations exploring Yosemite one year. It’s not always about the destination, especially with kids. It’s about your journey there. That can sometimes be even more fun!
Have a jar next to your fridge so each day or at the end of the week you can catch up on your savings. If you do this you can use wet erase markers to keep track of how much you’ve put in.
Then at the end of the year just use a wipe to clean off your markings and use it again year after year. Have kids laminate a separate one and have them tape it to their door or above their bed. Use this cute piggy bank to make it fun for them!
Do you do something to help you save money throughout the year, I’d love to hear them too…always looking for more clever ideas for myself and kids.
For more easy recipes and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook, sign up for my newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest!