Here’s a recipe for a Halloween trifle that kids love!! Super simple to make but looks spooky with cherry “blood” and chocolatey “dirt”.
Here is a fun and really easy to make Halloween trifle! OOzing with “blood” and layered with chocolatey goodness it’s a fun Halloween dessert you and the kids can put together.You just need a few ingredients for this fun dessert….I’m all about easy when it comes to Halloween desserts. (originally published 9/16)
- You can also mix this holiday trifle up with the type of pie filling you desire. Use any kind of cake you want too.
If you wanted it more of a fall treat you could use spice cake mix which would be yummy, but chocolate and cherries are amazing.
It’s a fun recipe you can fool around with and kids think they look really cool. Serve them up at a party or let kids create them when they have friends over!
If you’re having a Halloween party these are great because the kids can make them themselves!
Just set out the trifle dishes and all the ingredients and let them make their own scary Halloween dessert for fun.
If you love this Halloween trifle you’ve got to try this caramel pumpkin monkey bread…perfect for the Fall!!
Here’s the printable recipe.
- 1 box cake mix 15 oz. box, prepared as directed
- 1 tub Cool Whip 8oz
- red and yellow food coloring * optional
- 1 can cherry pie filling 30 oz.
- 1 bag candy corn candies
- Prepare cake according to directions on box. Add red and yellow food coloring to your cool whip, until desired orange hue is achieved. (I did 5 yellow, 3 red.) Fold in colors.
- Once cake has cooled, gently cut cake into one inch pieces.
- Add to a large glass serving bowl (or smaller containers). Layer the bottom with candy corn, cake, cool whip, cherries.
- Continue process until ingredients are finished and you’ve reached the top.
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉