Geocaching is a great FREE activity you can do with your kids. It is like a scavenger hunt game where you find treasures and leave a treasure for someone.
Have you ever gone Geocaching?? Have you ever heard of Geocaching?? I hadn’t until a friend said she does it with her kids around town and when they are on vacations all the time and it’s FREE! Well, she had me at free, so I thought I would look more into this hide and seek type of activity where kids (and adults) use clues to find hidden treasures all around town. Hmmmm, sounds interesting enough. (originally published 8/15)
Here’s what Geocaching is all about:
- It’s a FREE APP (you can sign up here) where you download it to your phone and it sees your location
- The Geocache APP lets you know where the Geocache around you is.
- Geocache means surprises, money, toys, anything that’s a fun surprise to find or leave for others to find
- Clues lead you to strange places like in trees, under the lip of the bottom of a light post….just about anywhere, and little trinkets are left.
- You find the Geocache or trinkets, then leave something yourself for someone else to find, and it is off to your next hunt.
Geocaching takes place all over, in every state and probably beyond, so you can even do it while you are traveling on vacations as something interesting and fun to do that is FREE!
Everyone loves to play hide and seek and who doesn’t love a good scavenger hunt??!!
Looking for more free activities for kids?
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉