Super easy egg roll recipe that can be baked or fried. Lots of egg roll recipes here you can make for dinner or make dessert egg rolls too!
I’m all about easy recipes and making a dish that everyone in the house loves. I’ve been on an easy egg roll recipe kick lately. Creating unusual but combinations like pizza egg rolls and more!
I will share recipes for those below. This one is more traditional and is an easy egg roll recipe you can try at home, everyone will love it!
As with any other recipe feel free to leave off any ingredients you don’t care for or add more heat if you like things a bit spicy.
- Here is how you make this easy egg roll recipe you can serve alone for dinner or as an appetizer too.
Easy Egg Rolls
I like egg rolls because they’re a great vehicle for filling with just about anything. We have even made dessert egg rolls that were amazing, and the kids love them because they’re a perfect finger food. Here is the recipe.
- In order to see how to fill and securely close them, watch this video where we make a dessert version. The wrapping is the same idea for making all egg rolls. It’s really easy once you do one or two.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Easy egg roll recipe
- 12 oz ground pork or chicken
- 1 carrot grated
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup cabbage chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 pkg Egg roll wrappers homemade or store bought
- Olive oil
- Sesame Seeds
- Dipping sauce of your choice soy and eel sauce are great
- Heat your pan. Add sesame oil, pork, grated carrot, ginger, garlic powder, onion powder, soy sauce and a bit of salt & pepper. Cook until pork is cooked thoroughly.Remove from heat, add cabbage and carrot. Mix well. Preheat oven according to egg roll package directions, or heat oil and deep fry for 1 min or so on each side until lightly browned for crisper texture. Place egg roll wrapper corner pointing to you on a flat surface. Add a scoop of filling in the middle, fold in sides and roll. Grease a sheet pan with Olive oil if you are putting in the oven.
- Place egg rolls on pan, bake for 10 mins. Flip. Continue baking until crispy and golden.