It’s time for Christmas Slime everyone! This easy Elmers glitter glue slime is fun to make with a few safe ingredients and fun for everyone year round. You’ve got to try this great borax free slime.
We have the best way to make slime for the holidays here! If you’re looking for an easy Christmas slime recipe we have one that requires no messy glitter or food coloring, it already has it inside so it’s nice and shiny with sparkles and the right colors for December. Let me show you how my “little one” made it using no borax.
Yes my daughter is a bit obsessed and makes slime every chance she gets.
I know it is the experimentation process that excites her, though she does have fun playing with it once it’s done too.
She began with this laundry detergent slime recipe that quickly became very popular so away she want to create many other versions.
This one is perfect for the holidays for sure…..
If you’re just looking for glitter green slime you could just stop right there and not add the red but we will go over all of it and you can make the perfect slime for you.
This is perfect if you’re throwing a slime birthday party too during Christmas as you do not need paints or messy glitter, the way she made it had all the color and sparkles inside.
Of course if you want it really glittery with added cuteness you could add other things like snowflake confetti but the basic ingredients for slime are used to make this and you can add whatever from there.
Before we begin we always remind everyone that parental supervision is required for all slime recipes and to please read our safety disclosure before starting the experimentation process with your kids.
Here’s what you need to make this easy Christmas Slime recipe
- Green and Red glitter glue (sometimes this 3 pack with blue as well is the cheapest way to go) – easiest way is to use Elmers glitter glue slime item so you have fewer things to buy overall since colors and glitter are already inside
- Contact lens solution
- Baking Soda – I like this one with a lid, no messy box to contend with
That is it!!
This is a safe no borax slime for kids that is brilliantly colored and takes just 3 ingredients to make each color.
When I asked her to write down the exact measurements to make this easy Christmas slime she said “there are no exact measurements because everyone likes it a different consistency” but she gave me where to start from and from there you can have your child add a bit more contact solution, mix, and decide for themselves if they want it firmer.
If they want it firmer they just add more contact solution 1/2 tsp. at a time (she just squirts a bit) until it is perfect for them.
Here is where to start.
- Empty one container of red or blue glitter glue into a bowl (we use paper bowls so we can throw them away)
- Add 1/4 tsp of baking soda and start with 1 tsp of contact solution and stir (we use plastic spoons so they can be thrown away too)
- With mixing it will begin to firm up
- If it is not “stiff” or firm enough for them then add 1 tsp or so of contact solution at a time until it is the perfect consistency
- Once it is firm enough to pick up have them knead their Christmas slime in their hands to feel if it is just right
- She said for each bottle of glue she used about 4 tsp of contact solution (but like I said she just squirts it out a bit at a time and doesn’t use exact measurements)
- The fun is in the experimentation!
When it is done it should look similar to this and they can keep the red and green slime separate or mix them a bit like you see here for fun (don’t mix a lot or it will become light brownish).
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉