Lots of hatch green chile recipes your family will love! Using fresh or canned hatch chiles we will share casseroles, dinners and side dishes here.
Tell me you’ve tried hatch green chile recipes of some kind right? If not you’re in for a treat! They are in season and in the stores at the end of July to the beginning of August typically. The flavor is amazing whether you choose mild or very hot! (originally published 7/19)
Whether you use fresh or jarred hatch chilies I guarantee you’ll come back for more.
Green chile recipes
- Pressure cooker cornbread has diced chiles inside.
- Here’s how to smoked chiles in your electric smoker or pellet grill.
For the best creamy side dish this green chile rice gets RAVING reviews!
When they’re in the stores we grab a bunch. They freeze quite well too. If it’s not the time of year where they’re really fresh you can get canned chiles here year round. We always have a bunch of these in the pantry.
One easy one that really has a strong flavor of chiles is our Instant Pot carnitas. Using these diced and a jar of salsa verde it turns out really tender. Served on rice or inside mini tortillas as tacos they are fabulous.
There are SO many possibilities. We throw them into easy casseroles for a bit of a kick. Stir them into cream cheese and top bagels with it, or put on top of hamburgers. The possibilities are endless!
You’ll find them at your local store like Albertsons in the beginning of August through the end of September. Hatch chile season is short so grab a bunch and freeze some!
They vary in heat. The hottest part of each one is the inner membrane. If you find mild ones and remove the insides they won’t have a lot of heat at all but great flavor still.
Do you have to peel hatch peppers?
The outer skins are quite thick and firm, nothing you’d want to chew on. If you smoke or blacken the skins and submerge in ice water they should fall right off.
Hatch chile recipes
- If you want to ease yourself and/or your family into these amazing flavors, try this hatch chile macaroni and cheese recipe.
- Then if you want a heartier meal add chicken broth and make this green chile chicken casserole.
- You can make a version of this quicker with our pressure cooker creamy chicken and rice casserole. Just dice your hatch chiles and add those right in!
- Diced you can throw it in to make some hatch chile salsa with chips.
Hatch green chile recipes
We added a few of these in our June Instant Pot recipes roundup, but will add more here.
- First you should start with our pressure cooker Mexican casserole that’s creamy with pasta.
- Our pressure cooker sausage rice casserole has a load of chiles in it and uses rice instead of noodles. Use mild or hot, your choice.
- Then try our Instant Pot hamburger casserole with spicy sausage to really heat things up.
I add some to all my hatch green chili recipe.
- Pressure cooker cheesy chili mac is always a win with everyone
- If you love crockpot chili we have a recipe for that as well.
- You can make this 5 ingredient Instant Pot chili quicker this way too. Add as many chiles as you like to really any chili recipe you find.
- For a healthier option, our Instant Pot white chicken chili recipe gets a thumbs up.
- Using poblanos, you can make this chile relleno casserole recipe.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉